21

~5 rooms~
December 21

Christmas music quietly plays in the background as a quiet hum in the living room, Julius is sitting on my hip, and happiness is buzzing through my veins.

"Look at this one!" Julius exclaims, holding up a Christmas ornament. It's a handmade paper star in a glittery red color.

"I actually made that one, when I was a kid" Charles chimes in, walking up to us, besides the massive Christmas tree. He smiles at Julius, as he sneakily wraps an arm around my waist.

"Papa can you put it up, right there" Julius asks Charles, handing him the ornament, as he points at one specific tree branch.

Sadly Charles removes his hand from my waist, as he does as Julius instructed, both of us taking a step back from the tree after. It's absolutely gorgeous.

Christmas lights wrap around the tall tree, that barely manages to fit inside the room. Christmas balls hang everywhere, half of them so expensive looking I'm scared to even touch them.

"It's wonderful Pascale" I turn around to face Pascale, smiling at her. She's standing with the star, getting it ready for Julius to set it on the tree top.

"It really is dear..." Pascale agrees, going to stand on the other side of me, admiring the tree as well. She nods with a smile, satisfied with the tree.

"Guys, we're putting the star on now!" Pascale calls to get the others over here. Arthur and Carla quickly rise from the couch, barely being able to let go of each other. I smile, lovebirds.

Out from the kitchen comes Charlotte and Lorenzo, wide grins plastered on their faces as they approach us.

Julius beams with excitement, when Pascale carefully places the bright star in his hands. "Carolina can you help me?" Julius softly asks me, shining the green eyes, I recognize all too well, up at me.

My heart basically melts right then and there. I'd expected for him to want Charles to help him. I quickly agree, Pascale adoringly smiling down at Julius.

"Here, use this" Arthur tells me, placing a stool in front of the tree. The tree is so tall, that I doubt I'll be able to reach all the way to the top, even with the help of the stool.

Charles sends me a wink, that makes my cheeks stupidly flushed, as I take in courage to step up on the stool. I know myself well enough, to know I could very easily completely embarras myself.

Charles puts out his hand for me, offering to help. I immediately grab it with a smile, my other arm wrapped around Julius.

With the useful help from Charles I step onto the stool. The top of the tree is definitely nearer now, but I'm worried Julius won't be able to reach up there.

But before I can worry any further, my attention quickly switches to the pair of hands that suddenly hold on my hips.

Without looking down I know it's Charles. I fight back a grin, as my stomach flutters from the touch. His hands hold me steady, as I begin to lift up Julius.

"Ready?" I whisper to Julius, holding him in my arms. He nods with an excited smile. Carefully, I stretch out my arms, my hands around Julius' stomach, lifting him up to the top of the tree.