Say Don't Go

August 19th, 1922.
Manhattan, New York.

Theseus woke up slowly, he felt as if he was hungover. Headache and the light was too bright it hurt the eye, and he wondered how could that be if he didn't drink last night, he only got drunk on Amélie's sweat.

He sighed, sat up and rubbed his eye, when he had adjusted to the morning light, he looked behind him. Amélie wasn't there. He looked around and she was not in the room, nor her clothes. He frowned and assumed she had left early in the morning to shower or something. Theseus remembered part of his dream as he stood up, her sweet voice saying 'I love you' and a kiss. He smiled to himself and sighed.

Theseus headed for the bathroom and took a shower himself, when he was done, he dressed up with a grey suit and walked out after he had his suitcase in hand. He stepped close to Amélie's door and knocked on it.

"Élie?" No answer, so he knocked again. "Amélie, are you ready to go?" He breathed in and out. "I was thinking we could have some breakfast before heading back to Europe." He pressed his ear against the wood to try and catch a noice, not picking any. "Élie?" He frowned with concern and grabbed his wand with his right hand and placed the suitcase down, when his left hand found the doorknob, he twisted it and the door opened, he found it arranged and empty.

Theseus walked in and looked around, she couldn't have gone out for a morning stroll around New York before heading back to Paris, for her stuff was gone too, and there was no note, no nothing. The only thing he found behind the door was her knit hat. He grabbed it and sighed.

  A part of him understood why she had left, and another one didn't, and that part was hurt and a bit angry. He couldn't figure out why did she leave without saying goodbye or out of the blue. Just like that. It took him a second to make up his mind and decide where he'd go.

He walked out, closing the door behind him and took his suitcase from the ground. He then arrived at the lobby and handed in the key of his bedroom before heading out of the Inn and making his way towards MACUSA. After he had shaken Tina's hand and she thanked him for his cooperation, he stepped into one of the chimneys and the green flames of the floo powder covered him entirely.  Moments later, he stepped out of a chimney at the French Ministry of Magic.

Once again, he stepped towards the entrance and skipped the reception, for they all already knew him and knew he was able to walk in as if he was the Head Auror. Theseus made his way towards Amélie's fancy office but found the door closed, only her assistant was at her desk typing something onto her typing machine.

"Madame Dupont." He greeted her.

"Monsieur Scamander, long time no see." She greeted back, gifting him a sweet smile that he returned before he nodded.

"Nice to see you, too." She chuckled.

"What can I do for you?"

"I was looking for Miss Rosier, she left this back in New York and I've brought it for her to retrieve it." He explained and showed her the hat.

"Miss Rosier didn't come in today, she's at her home."

"Oh?"

"Yes, she just sent in an owl informing that she'll take the rest of the afternoon saying that her trip to America left her far too tired. Would you like me to give it to her tomorrow morning?"

"No, it's alright. I'll just pass by quickly and hand it over before heading for London." The woman nodded and smiled. "Thank you, it's always a pleasure to see you." The old woman blushed and giggled.

"Likewise, sir." Theseus chuckled and walked away towards the exit of the Ministry just to make his way towards Amélie's home.

When he arrived, he stepped close to her door and sighed. Last time he found himself at her door, he couldn't bring himself to knock, he froze before the wooden gate. Theseus breathed in, out, closed his eyes, cleared his throat and knocked on the door.