Act 1 Scene 6

(The family having breakfast when suddenly there's a knock on the door)

Macy: Who could that be, so early? (She walks to the door) Who is it?
(There's no answer) I said who is it?
(The person knocks again and Macy opens the door)
Macy: I said who... (Angry) Oh, for goodness sake!
Sophie: Surprise!
Macy: What are you doing here Saffron?
Sophie: Come on sis. Is that how you welcome your beloved baby sister?
Macy: If only you were beloved, maybe I would think about it.
Sophie: That's harsh you know. Then I guess I'll just let myself in.
Macy: (stops her from coming in) Whatever you wanna say can be said outside.
Sophie: But this involves family matters. We can't bring it out, right?
Macy: You're right. Which is why the family is in the house and outsiders stay out.
Sophie: George! Georgie! Your dear wife won't let me in and I have something important to tell you!
George: She's the boss. If she doesn't want you in. Then you aren't coming in.
Sophie: Fine, then I'll just tell the neighbours how you sent your daughter to beg money from me!
Macy: What in the world are you talking about?
Sophie: Let me in first.
Macy: No way!
Sophie: Oh, Neighbours!
Macy: Alright, fine. Come in.
Sophie: (smiles) Better. (Walks into the house)
Macy: (shuts the door) 5 minutes. That's all you got.
Sophie: Oh darling, I just need 2.
George: Look Saffron, whatever you wanna say, it better be worth it.
Sophie: Excuse you. That's Sophie to you. Only my sister is allowed to call me that... Name. Also, I am so darn worth it. Which is why I have money and you don't. Honestly I don't know why she married a loser like you.
Macy: Saffron! I didn't let you in my house so you can insult my husband. Just say what you came here to say and leave my house.
Sophie: Fine, fine. I came here to get my money.
Vida: (looks at Bella) (in a low tone) Bella what did you do?
Bella: (in a low tone) I promise my hands are clean.
Macy: What money?
Sophie: The money you owe me.
Macy: Tell me Saffrina, when did you start to hallucinate because I'm very sure you've started imagining things.
Sophie: Oh, big sis. You know very well that I never joke with anything concerning my money. Your daughter Vida came to me two weeks ago to ask for money. Apparently, you were sick and your failure of a husband couldn't provide the money for your treatment which is why I... as your good little sister, lent her 5,000 pesos. I would have visited you in the hospital but I had other important things to do.
Macy: (looks at Vida) Vida, is that true?
Vida: (in a low tone) Yes mother.
George: What in the world made you do that, Vida?
Vida: Am sorry father.
Macy: (Feels dizzy and sits down)
George: (moves closer to her) Love are you okay?
Macy: (the dizziness stops) Yeah, am fine.
George: (angry) Get out of our house!
Sophie: Nah, nah, nah. Am here to collect my money and am not leaving until I get it.
George: You will get your money, just leave!
Sophie: Who exactly do you think you are to send me out of this house? You have no right! My sister was the one who struggled through many jobs just to get this house and you, what did you do? You couldn't even get her proper food to eat while she was pregnant! Now you're telling me to get out? I tell you, you have not right!
Macy: Saffrina, that's enough!
Sophie: You know what sis, I don't know why you married this illiterate of a loser. You could have married Jason!
Macy: Saffrina, I will not go over this again especially in front of my children!
George: Get out now before I forget that you are a woman!
Sophie: What are you gonna do to me, huh? What? Go on, say it! Are you going to throw me out just like what you did to my sister?
Macy: Saffrina..
Sophie: When she begged you to forgive her you threw her out of the house heavily pregnant under the rain even though you knew that she only did that for me!
Macy: Saffrina!
George: I know what I did was wrong and I've asked for forgiveness from your sister and she already forgave me!
Sophie: But I will never forgive you! I will never forgive you because you don't know what she went through just for you! No amount of pain you endure can make up for it!
George: (feeling pain in his chest)
Sophie: Even now she's still suffering with you! You bring her nothing but pain! I hate you!
George: (feeling pain as he struggles to speak) I'm... I..mm... S..so
Macy: (moves to him) George? George What's wrong?
George: (still struggling to speak) so..sor...sorry. (passes out in Macy's arm)
Vida & Macy: Father!
(They both run to him)
Macy: (trying to wake him up) George! George! George please don't scare me like this! Please open your eyes!
Vida: (crying) Father please wake up!
Bella: (crying) Father! Father!
Sophie: Pathetic! I want my money soon.
Macy: (lays George on the floor gently and stands up upset) How can you think of money at such a time like this? Why are you so selfish?
Sophie: Sis, calm down... Don't get mad okay, calm down.
Macy: Get out.
Sophie: Let me help you take him to the hospital.
Macy: (screams at the top of her voice) Get out!
Sophie: Sis, please calm down.
Macy: (starts pushing her out) Get out! Get out! Get out!
Sophie: Sis....
Macy: (pushes her out of the door) I don't want your help and I don't want to ever see you again! Leave!
Sophie: Okay, okay, I'm leaving! (She leaves)
Macy: (screams in tears) Help! Somebody please help us! Please help!
Vida: (crying) Father....
Bella: (crying) Father, please, please wake up.
Macy: (still screaming as she runs out of the house on the street) Help! Help! Somebody please help us! Please don't let my husband die, I beg of you, please help me!
(The neighbours hear her voice and rush out to help)