Act 1 Scene 10

(Macy wakes up from her dream and sees Saffron sitting beside her)

Macy: (wakes up terrified) Mother! (Sees Saffron beside her and sighs)
Saffron: You dreamt of mother?
Macy: (nods a yes) (Gasps) What's the time?
Saffron: Past seven.
Macy: (hurriedly gets up)
Saffron: Don't worry, I already got the kids ready for school. I just came to wake you up. They're waiting for you downstairs.
Macy: Okay, thank you. I'll go get ready. (She leaves for the bathroom)

(At school)

Saffron: Bye girls!
Vida, Bella & Janice: (in unison) Bye.
Macy: Study well!
Bella & Vida: (in unison) We will!
Janice: We will, aunt!
(They leave)
Saffron: I never thought I would get to see this day, when our kids go to school together. I thought we would never make up.
Macy: I'm glad we made up. (They smile at each other then chuckle)
Come on, let's go.
Saffron: (as they walk) I'm gonna search for a job from tomorrow.
Macy: I was also thinking of doing that.
Saffron: No way. You can't, you're pregnant.
Macy: Just because am pregnant doesn't mean I shouldn't work.
Saffron: You heard what the doctor said. You can't engage in rigourous activities besides am sure it will be really hard to find a job while you're pregnant. Most companies won't accept pregnant women.
Macy: Well, I can't let you do all the work while I just sit down at home doing nothing.
Saffron: You staying at home will help lessen my worries.
Macy: How about I open a restaurant at home then.
Saffron: Are you even listening to what am saying? Opening a restaurant is alot of stress you know.
Macy: I won't agree to sitting idle at home. We need all the money we can get especially with George's hospital bills. It's either I look for a job or work at home, no room for idleness.
Saffron: Okay, fine but I won't let you do all the work alone. Why don't you ask your neighbour friends for help?
Macy: They already work at a salon. It would be too much to ask them for that.
Saffron: Okay.. oh right, Melinda can help you and if I'm free from work, I can help you too.
Macy: Okay, that sounds nice. It's gonna be a family business then.
Saffron: Yes. Speaking of family, have you told his family what happened?
Macy: They're not family so there's no reason for them to know.
Saffron: I know that they have nothing to do with us but George is their son after all. It might cause trouble if they find out from someone else.
Macy: George is my husband. After what they did they have no right to any information about my family.
Saffron: But sis, George is not only your husband, he's also their son.
Macy: I don't care if he's their son or not! All I know is that he is my husband.
Saffron: I'm just saying sis, you know them. It might cause trouble.
Macy: Come what may, they have no right. Let's just go. (they leave)
(A week later Macy opens a restaurant and Saffron gets a job while George is still in a coma. Three months pass and Macy's bump starts to grow, the kids are promoted to the next class)
(Three months later, George awakens from Coma and starts responding to treatment)

(It's now 8 months already)
(An air plane lands and a middle-aged couple alight from the plane Meanwhile, Macy and the kids are at the church)

Vida: Mother, am so glad father's recovering.
Bella: Me too. I really hope he gets better before our graduation, so he can put the medal on us.
Macy: If you really want him to put the medal on you then ask God. He will answer because he always answers the prayers of his children.
Bella: Am also going to pray that our baby brother and you will be safe and sound.
Macy: May God answer your prayers dear.
Vida: Mother, why don't we all pray together? That way we could pray as a family.
Macy: Alright. (They start to pray)