Wrath Of The Northman

At the Farm 

No one POV 

Freya was up the top from a tree and Bjorn walked up and said "What? How?". 

Freya said "Easy, I climbed it, step by step, and well you know how climbing works" and Bjorn said "Very funny." 

Freya smiled. 

Bjorn said "Are you going to come down from there, your going to get hurt" and Freya said "You climb trees all the time, and do more dangerous things." 

Bjorn said "I'm older" and Freya said "Well, I'm younger, meaning I'm better at climbing trees" and Bjorn said "How would that make you better at climbing trees." 

Freya said "I can do it for longer." 

She climbed up higher and Bjorn said "No, Freya, Freya, don't you ever listen" and Freya said "When it's something I want to do, sure." 

Bjorn said "Freya. Freya" and she kept climbing up. 

Lagertha walked up and said "What are you two doing, Freya..What are you doing up there" and Freya said "Climbing." 

Lagertha said "Alright, stay focused, and"and Freya said "If a twig moves around too much don't step on it." 

Lagertha said "Alright." 

Later 

Lagertha walked up to Ragnar who was washing clothes  and Lagertha said "So when do we sail?" and Ragnar said "I already told you. I don't want you to come." 

Lagertha said "Why not?" and Ragnar said " I need to leave the children and the farm in the hands of someone I trust. What if the Earl finds out we have gone without his permission? He might try and claim our family home.

Lagertha said "This was going to be the most exciting voyage of our lives.  To go west!
I have dreamed of it many times, and in my dreams we are always together. " 

Ragnar said "What if there is no west? This is the most dangerous and stupid voyage ever.
 What if we both die, hmm? Then who would take care of the children... rollo?!". 

Lagertha said "You have no right to say that! All right, all right. You go. You go and I shall stay here and look after the children." 

Freya ran in past them and Lagertha said "Freya, Freya" and Freya said "Hi, Father, Hi, Mother." 

Ragnar said "Why are you running so fast" and Freya said "No reason." 

Lagertha saw she was covering her face and Lagertha said "What are you hiding there." 

Freya said "Nothing." 

Lagertha walked up and grabbed her arm and Freya said "Mother." 

Lagertha saw that she was bleeding from her head and Ragnar said "What happened there." 

Freya said "I may have accidentally tripped, but it's only a little scratch" and Lagertha said "Come on, let's go clean it off." 

They walked away. 

Later 

Lagertha walked up to Ragnar and hit him with a shield and he fell back and Lagertha said "Get up!". 

Ragnar got up and said"My love" and Lagertha said "Never mind that. Defend yourself." 

She threw over a shield and she fought him and said "How dare you? Am I not good enough for you? Am I not strong enough for you?". 

She pushed him again and he pushed her back and said "Now listen..." and she pushed him off and said "You listen. Don't you remember? I saved your life." 

Ragnar said "How could I forget. You keep reminding me" and they kissed and she punched him and said "I'm so angry with you!". 

She kept punching him when Freya appeared and said "Stop, what are you doing? Are you mad? You could have killed each other. Is that what you want?". 

Ragnar said "We were just having an argument." 

Freya said "Well, never argue like that again." 

Ragnar said "Go on then! Back to bed!" and Freya said "Don't argue like that" and Ragnar said "Back to bed." 

Freya walked away and Ragnar said "It's a fine thing when the littlest pig teaches the boar a lesson" and Lagertha slapped him and walked away. 

In the rooms 

Freya, Bjorn and Gyda were all close as Lagertha said "The great sea is held in place by Jormungand, the serpent, whose giant body encircles it and who keeps his tail in his mouth to complete the circle and stop the waves breaking loose.But one day, the God Thor, son of earth, was fishing in the sea for the serpent, using a bull's head for bait.Jormungand reared up and the waves pummeled the shore as he twisted and writhed in a fury. They were well matched, serpent and God, in that furious fight.The seas boiled around them, but then the hook became dislodged, and the serpent slithered free and sank again, so quickly, beneath the waves. And soon, the sea was calm once more, as if nothing had disturbed it." 

At a Church, In England 

An 8 year old boy was there and was holding a book as they were hiding and Athelstan said "Henry, you have to go" and Henry said "I don't want to leave you." 

Athelsan said "It's too dangerous here and when they come" and Ragnar drags Athelstan out of his hiding place. 

He then looks at Henry who looked up, and while he was scared, didn't show it. 

Leif and Erik went to walk forward one grabbing a knife and Ragnar said "How old are you?". 

Henry said "8. Who are you" and Ragnar said "My daughter's the same age as you, why are you not scared." 

Henry said "I'm not going to show it" and Athelstan said "Let the boy go, He's just a child." 

Leif grabbed a knife and walked up to Athelstan and Athelstan in Old Norse said "Don't kill us." 

Ragnar said "You speak our language. How do you speak our language?" and Athelstan said "
I've travelled. We are told to travel, to take the word of God. Please, don't kill me, but if you, don't harm him, He's only a child, He's an innocent." 

Ragnar looked at Henry and said "What do you have in your hand?" and Henry said "A book. The gospels of St. John, it's called." 

Ragnar said "Why did you save it?" and Henry said "I don't need to answer that." 

Athelstan said "Henry" and Henry looked up and Ragnar said "This boy is brave, more bravery than sense." 

He grabbed the book and flipped through the pages and said "Of all the treasures in this place, you chose to save this." 

Henry said "Yes." 

Ragnar said "Why?" and Henry didn't say anything and Athelstan said "Because without the word of God there is only darkness." 

Rollo said "This is a strange place indeed. We have been everywhere and we have found no women. Just these strange men. And a boy." 

Ragnar said " I believe they are the priests of their God." 

Rollo said "This is what we came for. Why have you not killed this one? I understand the child. but him." 

Ragnar said "He is worth more alive... to sell as a slave." 

Rollo said "I would kill him. We have no room left on the boat. Kill them both." 

Ragnar said "I forbid it." 

Rollo said "How can you forbid it, little brother? We are all equals, and I say he dies. Does it really mean that much to you, brother?". 

Ragnar pushes his brother back, causing Rollo to angrily chop the crucifix in the room in pieces and said "This is what we care for your God. " 

Rollo angrily walks out.