The Usurper

Kattegat

No one POV

Athelstan was riding with Henry and Athelstan said "Why do you look worried" and Henry said "I don't look worried." 

Athelstan said "I've known you since you were six years old, you always have the same look when you are worrried, Freya will be fine, she is strong." 

Henry said "I know that, it's more the fear of fatherhood, is that strange" and Athesltan said "It is not strange, you will be a good father." 

Henry said "I hope to be , it's more the future that scares me. But I have learned from others" and Athelstan said "Yes, your father was a good father to you." 

Henry said "He was but he was not who I was speaking of, I would not be alive if it wasn't for you. It's to you I learned to be a man. So, Thank you for that." 

Athelstan said "There is no thank you necessary, I never have had children of my own, but I felt as if I had a son." 

Henry smiled and said "Thank you." 

Athelstan said "Your lucky, you have a good marriage, an interesting story to tell your children some day about love." 

Henry said "I suppose." 

Ragnar said "Where are my sons?" and Aslaug walked up and Henry said "Where's Freya?". 

Rollo shouted "Siggy! I have something to tell you. Siggy! Siggy!" and Ragnar said "I said, where are my sons?". 

Rollo said "Siggy! .Where is, Siggy? I can't find her." 

Aslaug said "Rollo! Rollo... Siggy is dead." 

Henry said "How?" and Aslaug said "Ubbe and Hvitserk fell through the ice into a frozen lake. Siggy saved their lives, but she drowned. And we could not find the body."

Bjorn said "The gods are mistaken." 

Rollo said "No, the gods are never mistaken. This is my fault. I... I did not treat her well. It's the truth. You all know it." 

He walked away and Bjorn said "Rollo, Rollo." 

Ragnar said "Why was Siggy taking care of our children?" and Helga said "We were taking it in turns. That day it just happened to be Siggy. On another day, it could have been me...Freya was in her, Freya's in this room, Henry with your." 

Ragnar said "I wasn't asking you, Helga. I was asking you." 

Aslaug said "Helga is right. We three women took it in turn to care for all our children." 

Ragnar said "See, I find that funny considering that Siggy's children are dead." 

Henry said "Where's Freya?". 

Helga said "This way." 

He walked inside and Helga said "She's given birth to a boy" and Henry smiled and said "And they're both healthy." 

Helga said "Yes, they're well." 

They walked into a room. Freya was laying on the bed holding Baby Odin and smiled at him. 

Henry looked at her and Freya looked up and said "Henry" and she smiled at him and said "Your safe." 

Henry smiled and said "I see you and our boy, your both well" and Freya said"Yes, come in and see him." 

Henry smiled at him and touched his forehead and Freya smiled and said "I'm glad that your safe" and Henry said "As am I, you look radiant." 

Freya said "Oh, be honest, I look sweaty" and Henry said "You still look beautiful" and Freya smiled and they kissed.