I Cant Be With You (Rafe Cameron)

You're hanging out with the pouges, on the boat, on a fall evening. The boys are talking about fishing and you and the girls are talking about y'all's love life's. Most specifically yours.

"Guys I like Rafe. He's super nice to me and he's crazy hot. I don't understand why you guys don't won't us together?" you say to them.

"Y/N, I love you and I want you to be with someone who cares about you and someone who is trustworthy but Rafe isn't trustworthy. I mean he lies, kills, and steals. You don't wanna get involved with that." Kie says.

"But Kie he's changed. He served his time and he has apologized to everyone at least a million times. Don't you think he's had it hard? I feel bad for him. He was just a lost 19 year old boy who did things he shouldn't have. I mean if you think about he did all those things to please his dad. He has tried over and over again to make Ward happy but he never was. I mean Sarah you have to at least understand where I'm coming from, he is your brother after all." you say.

"I do Y/N. I really do but your too good for someone like Rafe I don't want you to settle on him. You deserve someone who's not gonna corrupt you. What if Rafe was to get back on the drugs then he would become abusive to you and I don't wanna see you get hurt. I care too much about you. We care too much about you." Sarah says.

"I see where both of y'all are coming from. Can't I at least be friends with him?" you ask.

"Of course you can but don't fall in love and always keep your guard up." Kie says.

"Okay. I think I just need to talk to him." you say standing up.

"Yeah...okay." Kie says as her and Sarah look at you as you look slightly upset.

"Hey John B? Can you drive the boat to my place. There's something I need to do." you ask him.

"Uh yeah sure. Is everything alright?" he ask me.

"Yeah I just need to go see a friend." you tell him.

"Okay." he says.

You go to sit back down with the girls not talking as John B drives the boat to your house.

After 8 minutes John B pulls up to your dock. You stand up and get out of the boat.

"Bye guys. Thanks John B for the ride." you tell him.

"Of course." he says.

"Bye Y/N!" JJ, Pope, Sarah, and Kie say.

"Bye!" you say to them.

You hear the boat drive off as you walk to your house from the dock. You go in and see your family in the foyer.

"Hey sweetie. Home so soon?" your mom ask.

"Yeah I asked John B to bring me home early because I have to go see a friend." you tell her.

"Oh okay. What friend?" she ask.

You can't tell her it's Rafe then she'll never let you go.

"I'm going to see Raegan. Her and David broke up." you lie to her.

"Aw poor thing. You're a good friend." she says.

"Bye mom I'll see you later. I should be home within an hour." you tell her.

"No if Raegan is upset you should spend the night to cheer her up." your mom says.

"Oh yeah sure." you say.

Your mom smiles at you and you tell each other bye as you walk out of your house.

Now Raegans house is just a couple blocks down so you can't take you car because that would just be a waist on gas and you mom would get suspicious.

Instead you go to the back of your house and grab your bike since Rafe's house is farther away. You peddle to Rafe's place.

After 10 minutes of peddling you arrive. You throw a rock at his bedroom window.

You see his bedroom light cut on and his window open.

"Y/N?" Rafe ask.

"I'm so sorry were you sleeping?" you ask him.

"No no...yeah I was but your fine. What are you doing here?" he ask me.

"Can we talk?" you ask him.

"Uh yeah yeah. I'll be right down." he says.

"Okay." you nod and you sit on the outside sofa.

Rafe walks out of the front door with a hoodie and sweatpants on and messy hair. He looks so cute. This is gonna be really hard to say.

"What's up?" Rafe ask coming to sit next to you.

"Um so I first wanna say that you are a great person and I really appreciate how sweet you are to me." you say.

"Well thank you." he says with a grin.

"I like you Rafe. I really do." you say.

"I really like you too." he says.

"But I don't trust you." you say.

Rafe has a sad expression on his face.

"And I can't be with someone I don't trust." you tell him.

"I understand." he says.

"I'm really sorry Rafe." you tell him.

"No no no it's fine. Look I get it. You're a pouge, I'm a kook. It makes sense we can't be together." he says.

"I'm only half pouge and that's not the reason why. I can't be with you because of your past. I don't think I can trust to be around someone who has lied, killed, and stole. We can always be friends but we can't date. I'm sorry." you say.

"Y/N. I understand. Look it's late. I'm tired. Your probably tired. Just go home. Goodnight." he says.

"Oh. Well goodnight." you say feeling bummed.

"Bye." he says going back inside.

"Bye." you say.

You peddle back to your house as you go to Raegans house. She offers you to spend the night as you told her everything. You go to bed thinking about how awful you feel saying those things to Rafe.