Happier Part 3 (Rafe Cameron)

"Rafe start talking why were you and Topper fighting?" Sarah ask.

"It's complicated." he says.

"We'll explain." Sarah says.

He starts to speak as what you didn't expect was for the fight to be about...you.

Y/N's Pov:

Rafe starts talking about why him and Topper were fighting on the beach.

"Well I was already pissed at Topper because he kept saying the same shit he always says." Rafe starts to explain.

"Like what?" I ask him.

"He'll say stuff like you're boring sober, you've gone soft, old man, and things like that. He was so drunk and he came up to me and asked if I wanted to do some coke and I said no and he wouldn't stop pressuring me. I got annoyed at him and told him to shut up." Rafe said.

"So you started kicking Toppers ass because he was pressuring you?" Sarah ask Rafe.

"No that was just the start of it. That shit was just annoying." Rafe said.

"So what actually caused the fight?" I ask him.

Rafe didn't say a word.

"Rafe? Y/N asked you a question. Don't be rude." Sarah says.

"I know. I'm not...it's just..." Rafe starts to say.

"Just what Rafe?" Sarah ask.

"The fight was about Y/N!" he shouts.

Me and Sarah look at each other confused.

"Me? Why me?" I ask him.

"Me and Topper were standing from afar but could still see you and Sarah and Topper started saying shit about the pogues as well as I but then Topper noticed you and started being a perve. It was disgusting the way he was talking about you and he just kept going on and on, to the point I slapped his drink out of his hand and told him to stop and he got mad and took a swing at me so I hit him back and that's how the fight happened." Rafe says.

"Wow Rafe. Look at you being protective. I like it and I love that you beat Toppers ass." Sarah says.

"Yeah Rafe that's a great thing you did and you don't have to say the things he was saying. You just saying that he was being a pervert is good enough to know he's a douche. So thank you for knocking his ass out on the ground." I say to him.

"Oh of course. No woman should deal with men like that." Rafe says.

I turn around and look at him and give a smile and he smiles back.

The rest of the ride home was silence. I kept thinking about what Rafe did. It was really attractive honestly. I thought he was hot but now he's even hotter. What's wrong with me? I just met this dude a little over 24 hours ago and now I think I really like him.

I snap out of my train of thought when the car comes to a stop. We arrived at Sarah's house.

"Hey Sarah do you think I could just spend the night?" I ask her.

"Yeah of course. You wanna run by your house so you can grab your things?" she ask me.

"Yeah I'll just walk over to my house and meet you inside." I tell her.