Chapter 6: Acid Fog

"What the hell are you doing!?" Bellamy shouts to me. I'm still in shock by, you know, almost dying! "Elena why are you here!?" he shouts out trying to grasp my attention. With no reply from me he goes again "Elena!" he shouts. This finally pulls me out of my thoughts. When I turn to face him, I see a bunch of his 'friends' standing behind him, all with great big smirks on their faces. Well, shit.

"What am I doing here!?" I ask in shock. How the hell can he blame this on me? "Bellamy! You just chucked a bloody knife at me! What are you even doing!" I say still in pure shock.

"Yeah, well you weren't meant to be there," he says letting out a sigh "We were going out to hunt," he says as he starts to beckon me over.

Still, in a state of shock, I do as he instructs and go over to him and his friends. "Well, your aim is shit," I pipe up, glancing back to the tree.

"What do you mean his aims shit? He almost hit you, that's good," a sniggering voice came from the group of boys. They all burst out into laughter while I try and look to find who said it. Then my eyes landed on Murphy, who had a great big smirk across his face.

I was about to say something back to him and defend myself when Bellamy let out a scoff "Oh come on like you could do any better," was he challenging me?

"Oh, please. I could easily do better than your sad little throw," I say cockily. I mean if I'm being honest I have chucked a knife before, but only a few times. So I have no clue why I said that at all.

"Be my guest," Bellamy says as he raises his eyebrows, intrigued by what I'm going to do.

"Only if you give me my knife back," I sharply reply. If I'm going to embarrass myself, at least I will get something out of it.

Bellamy scoffs again before rolling his eyes and reaching his hand into his back pocket, reviling my knife. He holds onto the handle, handing it towards me, making me take the sharp side. I look down and feel the cool metal against my hand. I go to take my stance and face towards the tree. I twirl it in and out of my hand before I chuck it towards the tree. "Shit," I whisper. The knife did hit the tree, but landed on the handle side so It fell to the floor. Laughter Abrupt from behind me, everyone sniggering and mocking me. I look to Bellamy who was also taking the piss out of me.

"Wow Elena, I'm impressed," he says in a mocking tone.

I roll my eyes before walking over to the tree and picking up my knife from the muddy floor. I stand there for a few more seconds, listening to everything they're saying, anger flooding up inside of me, Before I just snap. I swing around to face them, my arm turns faster than my head letting go of the knife. It's quiet. Everyone stops. I follow the knife's path as it lands in the middle of a tree, right next to Murphy and some other boys bodies "Bullseye," I say with a great big smirk on my face. The boys just stare at me with a blank expression on their face. "Now are you impressed?" I ask towards Bellamy, trying to show him up.

"Beginners luck," he scoffs, clearly annoyed. I would have said something else but I think he was true.

<——————>

I grab my knife from the tree, placing it in my boot and go to sit down on a log close to where the boys were practising their throws. Bellamy's throws were not the best, but probably better than anyone else's there. On the other hand, Murphy's throws were awful. It kept landing the handle side up, then falling to the floor. I was watching this other boy throw an axe against a tree, again and again and again. Until Bellamy started to speak up "Who the hell are you? I almost killed you! Why aren't you back at camp?" Bellamy shouted. I look towards him and then follow his gaze to a girl, probably around my age. I then looked a little bit up and saw an axe wedged into the tree, again only centimetres away from her head. Bellamy needs to stop trying to kill people. The girl had dirty blonde hair and was of average height. I am actually quite excited as I hadn't noticed a girl my age before, so maybe we could be friends.