Chapter 9: The Cliff

As I slowly regain my consciousness, my head starts throbbing with an intense pain. The world around me seems hazy, so I blink several times to try to clear my vision. It was then that I realised I was in someone's arms, being carried. Confusion washes over me, as I struggle to piece together what had happened, memories flooding back bit by bit, fragments of a chaotic scene. I could hear distant voices and the sound of leaves rustling nearby. With every ounce of strength in me, I manage to push myself away, out from the hands of the person carrying me. I let out a groan as I dropped down to the cold hard ground.

"Elena?!" Someone asks, shaking my shoulders and snapping their fingers in front of my face, trying to bring me back. My eyes go back into focus as I look around me. Clarke, Charlotte, and Finn are all hovering around me, their eyes full of concern. Looking around me, all I notice is the green gently swaying trees and bushes, with our camp nowhere in sight.

"What the fuck happened," I groan as Finn reaches his hand out which I gladly take. He pulls me onto my feet while putting my arm over his shoulder to help balance me. My memories are slowly coming back about the commotion of discovering that Murphy killed Wells "Where are we? What happened to Murphy? I tried to stop them I swear but there was this guy and he, he," I say, trying to collect all my memories.

"Elena I will explain it all to you later, I promise, but right now we need to go," Finn reassures as he starts walking, pulling me along with him. I just nod, not wanting to be an inconvenience.

Still a bit out of it, I try to keep up with their pace as they're going on and on quite fast. Many questions pop up in my head, just waiting for someone to answer them. "What happened with Murphy?" I ask as my first question.

Clarke tries to comfort me and reassure me, but it's really not helping "Elena he's fine, ok, but we have to go," she says picking up the pace.

"Go where?" I ask. Silence, not a single reply. They treat me like I'm some sort go ghost.

We all walk in silence for a little while, Finn in front as the leader then Clarke and Charlotte with me falling a bit behind. But all I can focus on is the million questions that are still buzzing around in my head, but I know that right now is most likely not the best time to ask them. I keep noticing Charlotte, she seems a bit out of it, like how I was, maybe she was knocked out after me? Her once happy childish smile turned into an almost fearful guilty look. What happened?

"What the hell do you think you're doing? Just because we saved you, doesn't mean you're forgiven, got it!?" Clarke screams at Charlotte, dragging me out of my thoughts. Charlotte who had tried to hold her hand, just stared back at her in shock.

Glancing back to Finn, who didn't even try to intervene, I decided that I would help her out. "Clarke, calm down, why are you being so rude?" I ask, standing by Charlotte. A bit surprised at Clark's sudden outburst.

Clarke gives me an almost different look than normal, a pleading look. She then turns to face Finn who has the same look, but he is almost more desperate "Elena I'm telling you to just stay out of it," Clarke says, keeping her shouting tone, but lowering the volume.

I  realise that something else is going on here, something they are not telling me "What are you not telling me?" I ask directly. Finn and Clarke both keep a straight face while Charlotte just faces the floor, not bothering to look up. "Hello?" I ask, trying to see if their eardrums don't work or there just purposefully ignoring me.

"Oi Charlotte!" A loud shout comes from deeper into the forest, breaking up our convocation. Confusion flushes over me as I see a desperate look appear on everyone's face.

"Oh shit, we have to go now!" Clarke says as she starts running away, followed by the rest of us. However, me and Charlotte struggle to keep up with their pace as our legs are significantly shorter than theirs.