Chapter 7: Rematch

After the long and tiring walk back to camp, I didn't even notice that the sun had disappeared and in its place been replaced by the faint glow of the moon . The fire in the middle of the camp could not be missed when we finally came upon it.

Clarke started giving out orders to Finn and everyone else, but I didn't listen, I was too out of it to listen. "Better go get this grave dug up," Wells said quietly to both Bellamy and me. I gave him a weird look, how can he be joking about this?

I didn't want to be around atoms dead body anymore. Yeah he might have been an arsehole to me, but he didn't deserve to die, no one deserves to die. As I walk away from the crowd, I go towards Harper's tent. Partially hoping she would be in there, so I could have someone to talk to. "Harper?" I call out as I step inside.

"Who is it- oh Elena hey," Harper said, as she pushed something away, hiding it from my view "I'm happy you're safe. Is everyone alright?" She questioned.

"Well, not everyone. Atom is dead, he died due to the fog But he saved us all. He was a dick but he didn't deserve to die in pain," I say, my voice shaking as I go sit in my special little corner of the tent.

Harper just stares at me, while I try and avoid eye contact, not wanting her to see the tears swelling in my eyes. "He's in a better place now," Harper says as she rubs her temples "But are you ok?".

"Me?" I question, looking up at her and allowing Harper to catch a glimpse of sadness on my face.

"Elena you're just a kid. You shouldn't have said that, you shouldn't even be down here. You should be up on the arc with your family. What this world has thrown at you is too much for anyone to handle, let alone a child. It's ok if you cry, it's ok if you want to talk about what you feel. You can put on a brave face In front of the other, but I see right through that. So trust me when I say if you ever need to talk about anything I'm here for you, ok?" Harper said sympathetically. I didn't know what to do. No one has ever been this nice to me down here.

I let out a little sigh before looking up at her, maintaining eye contact as I start to speak "You have no idea how much that means to me," I wipe my eyes as a little nervous laughter comes out as well. "I'm gonna go check up on Jasper, you wanna come?" I ask

"I'm fine here, I have to finish something off," Harper says as a small smile creeps onto her face

"Ok, I'll see you later," I say. Standing up I say my goodbye before walking out towards the drop ship to see if Clarke has figured out what's wrong with Jasper. I keep my head down as my feet squelch in the wet mud below. I reach the dropship but I hear my name being called out behind me. I stopped walking and turned around to face, whoever it was. Shit.

"There you are, been looking all over for you" Kate declared, with her friends all giggling behind her. I look at them all, some I've seen before but others are completely new to me. I glance down to see a sharp knife, reflecting the moonlight. What have I gotten myself into?

"What do you want?" I reply, trying to hide my shaky voice. I try to keep eye contact with Kate by my eyes keep falling down onto the knife. I Don't know how I beat her before but that was one on one, there was no way I could beat a five-on-one with a knife.

"Round two?" Kate suggests, a great big smirk appearing on her face as she shrugs her shoulders, bringing up the knife

"Look just cause I beat your ass once doesn't mean I want to again, so I'm going to check up on my sick friend now. Have a good night" I say as I turn around and start walking towards the ramp of the dropship. Except I don't manage to actually enter the drop ship as One of her friends is standing right In front of me blocking my way out. "Shit" I mumble, I look behind me to the other girls circling me. I quickly decide that I can't fight my way out of this one.