Chapter 10: Selfish Dick

My eyes flutter open, as I slowly regain my senses, remembering fragments of the event that took place most likely a few hours ago. Pushing myself up, I glance around to discover I'm sitting on a steel table in the drop ship. "Elena!" A sudden shout comes from the entrance. Clarke.

"Hey," I reply with a small smile as she hurries over and wraps her arms around me in a tight hug. I hug her back, happy to see that someone cares for me down here. Suddenly a sharp pain comes from my arm as I whine, removing myself away from the hug. I glance down at my arm to notice it wrapped up in bandages "What the hell," I comment.

"Elena, do you remember what happened?" Clarke asked with concern.

"Enough," I sigh. Remembering back to Charlotte jumping off the cliff and me falling in seconds after. I still can't take my eyes off my agonising arm. "Is she gone?" I ask, staring up at Clarke as I feel my eyes begin to swell. Clarke nods a simple yet sympathetic nod. I let a few seconds go by, thinking about how Charlotte, only my age, sacrificed herself for Clarke. "Who saved me?" I ask, trying my best to hide my feelings and distract myself.

She takes a deep breath before nodding to the corner of the drop ship. I follow her nod to find Bellamy sitting on a chair in the corner "Of course," I jokingly say, rolling my eyes with a big smirk on my face.

"Don't roll your eyes at me I saved you," Bellamy says, walking over towards the table I'm on.

"Thanks, Blake," I nod, taking my attention back to my arm. "Wait," I pause. Clarke looks at me confused "Where's my wristband gone?" I ask, looking up to Bellamy "You take it off while I was asleep?" I question him.

Before he could get a word in Clarke stepped in "No Elena, Monty tried reaching the ark but in doing so fried all the wristbands, they're all dead," she says.

"Great," I say sarcastically. "In 10 hours, I have passed out twice, broken my arm, and now the ark thinks we're all dead."

"Elena!" A shout comes from outside. The girl walks in, engulfing me in a large hug.

"Hey harper," I reply. Out of the corner of my eye, I notice Bellamy walk out leaving us three in there. "You ok?" I ask, pulling back from the hug, mostly because it was hurting my arm.

"I should be asking you that. Lucky you didn't die," she says.

"Suppose so," I reply with a small smirk. "Messed up my arm, it hurts like a bitch," holding up my broken left arm, I can't help but think about the pain, it's even worse than when I had to get stitches earlier on.

"Hey you're lucky I know how to fix broken arms, if not your arm would have been messed up for life," Clarke says, stepping closer to me.

"You fixed it?" I question.

Clarke smiles for a few seconds before continuing "Who else would have, Jasper?" She laughed.

I smile back at her "Thanks," I say. It was silent for a few more seconds, not an awkward silence but more comforting. "What happened to Murphy?" I asked. Not that I cared about him, not that I even wanted to know if he was alright, just because I wanted to know if he was gone.

"Once Bellamy caught you, he kind of lost it. He beat Murphy until he was barely breathing. He then told him that if he ever showed his face at camp again, he'd be killed," Harper said, keeping her face neutral.

If I had heard that anyone else was being exiled I would try to stop it, try to defend them, but not this time. He deserves it. "I'm gonna try and get some sleep," I say, rising from my sitting position "Night Clarke, night Harper," I call. Not waiting for them to respond, I make my way towards the exit