two.

-☆-

-☆-

CHAPTER TWO: Guess its just us two

EVAN was sat in her car outside of Maddy's house on a Friday afternoon. She was meant to be hanging out there with Kat and Cassie as well. However, Kat bailed to spend time with her new boyfriend Ethan and then Cassie cancelled last minute because she said she was sick.

Ever the worried girlfriend, Evan was planning to drop everything and go comfort her. But Cassie insisted that she was just going to take a nap for a few hours, so there would be no point of Evan coming over. That didn't stop Evan's concern - the person she loved wasn't feeling good. Of course she was worried.

So, thats how she found herself at her girlfriend's best friend's house, alone. Evan wasn't super close to Maddy, they only really spent time together when Cassie was there. The couple of times its been just the two of them consisted of rather uncomfortable car journeys in which they only spoke about Cassie, or Evan and Cassie's relationship. Maddy was kind of an intimidating person, probably the most confident girl Evan had ever met. Don't get her wrong, she was pretty nice too. Evan had just seen her fight one too many people for her to not be a little scared.

Walking up to the Perez's house, Evan knocked gently on the door. She felt a little nervous, wondering if she should've just cancelled as well. Then the door opened and Maddy smiled at her. "I guess its just us two..." Evan said, putting her hands in her jean pockets. God, could she be more awkward.

Maddy all but rolled her eyes and invited the tall blonde in, heading toward her large bedroom. Evan had been there before, mainly to get dressed for party's together with all the girls, but she'd never been there alone. She felt somewhat out of place.

Evan sat on Maddy's plush pink bed, as the short girl went to the kitchen to get them something to drink. She played with her silver rings, darting her eyes around the room as she bounced her leg up and down.

Moments later, Maddy strode in with two glasses filled with lemonade and looked at Evan's awkward expression. "Can you relax?" Maddy joked, "I'm not gonna bite you."

Evan let out a breath, shaking her head. "Sorry, its just...you know...we never really hang out just the two of us...and I'm just worried about making things awkward," she said.

"Yeah, by saying that, you're making it awkward," Maddy teased, taking a sip from her cup and handing Evan the other. The blonde smiled at her, dropping her head in embarrassment. Social interaction had never been her forte.

Rubbing her clammy hands on her jeans, Evan thought of things to say. "So...it sucks that Kat and Cass bailed, huh?" she said.

"Straight to the small talk," Maddy giggled, shaking her head. Evan gave a sheepish grin.

"Yeah, well, I just hope Cass is ok, ya know? It sucks that she's sick and-"

"You know, we don't always have to talk about Cassie?" Maddy interrupted. Evan closed her mouth and nodded, brushing her light blonde hair behind her ear. Most of their conversations were about Cassie after all.