nine.

CHAPTER NINE: The end

-☆-

MAKING her way through the halls, Evan could see the bathroom door open. She walked in, and saw Maddy and Cassie sat on the sink counter. The dark haired woman was holding a soda can to her bruised foot and the blonde was dabbing a tissue at her bleeding nose, her face covered in various scratches courtesy of Maddy's sharp nails, in much worse shape.

Evan moved toward Maddy and inspected her injury, the smaller girl looking at her. The bruise was a deep purple and swelling - Cassie had really stamped on it.

"Are you ok?" Evan asked, gently pushing Maddy's dark hair behind her ear. She just nodded in reply, unsure of what to say in the moment.

"You should go to the medical office, get some ice and a bandage," Evan suggested, looking toward Kat and BB to subtly signal that they take her. She wanted to talk to Cassie. But she needed to know that Maddy was taken care of first.

The three of them left, and Evan was alone with her ex-girlfriend. Noticing that more blood was coming from her nose, Evan got Cassie a fresh paper towel and handed it to her. Cassie took it, looking down shamefully as she held it to her injury. Evan was still helping her, even now. After all the shit that went down. When she really didn't deserve this.

Evan leant against the sink and folded her arms across her chest.

"What the hell was that out there Cassie?" Evan questioned, slightly harsh. It was silent for a moment, Cassie just sat staring into thin air. Evan started to wonder if she had heard her at all when she replied.

"I...I need to get like, professional help. Nate broke up with me before I even went up on that stage, and yet...I still went crazy...Fuck, how am I going to face Lexi?" Cassie muttered, tears falling down her cheeks.

"Well, admitting you need help is the first step," Evan offered, nodding her head. She agreed.

Cassie needed something that a boyfriend or girlfriend can't provide, yet she kept dating people expecting it to fix all her problems. But in the end, she hurt and hurting the people she loves in the process. She needed to get help, so she would never hurt anyone like she hurt Evan, Maddy or Lexi, ever again.

Evan pushed off of the counter and headed toward the bathroom door. She turned to Cassie just before she left.

"I hope you get the help you need Cass, truly," Evan said, sincerely. The smaller blonde gave her a small smile in return.

"You were a really good girlfriend," Cassie whispered, sniffling, "I hope you find someone that deserves you."

Evan nodded and walked out of the bathroom, and out of Cassie Howard's life. She was glad that they were ending on good terms. There had been too much hate and pain associated with her memories of Cassie. But now, she was free. She felt lighter almost, like a heavy weight had been taken off of her heart.

Maybe she was ready to be with someone that deserved her.

After wandering through the halls, Evan found Maddy sat in the medical office, alone.

"Where'd dumb and dumber go?" she asked, her eyebrow raising in confusion.

"I told them to go watch the rest of the play, Lexi needs the support more than me right now," Maddy replied, smiling at the blonde, as she held an ice pack to her foot. Evan smirked.

"My adorable, selfless, little warrior," Evan teased as she sat next to Maddy, taking her hand. "So, you have two choices: we can go back into the auditorium and watch the rest of Lexi's play, or we can ditch this whole thing and I get you cheap ice cream from Fez's store?"

As much as Evan was enjoying Lexi's play, she needed a break. Today had been nothing short of a shit show. Maddy let out a soft laugh and laid her head on the blonde's shoulder.

"I like the second option," she replied.

"Yeah?" Evan asked, looking down at the smaller woman.

"Uh-huh," Maddy confirmed, glancing up. It was at this moment that Evan realised just how close their faces were. Her pillowy, pink lips were mere inches from her own. She had imagined her own pressed to them plenty of times in the past few months. Evan felt herself moving closer to Maddy, when she felt a finger on her lips.

"You gotta take me out on a date first," Maddy sassed, making Evan lean back in mock astonishment. "I want to be romanced, I deserve it!"

"That you do," Evan agreed, eyes staring into Maddy's deep chocolate ones.

"Ok then; Madeleine Perez, will you do me the honor of going on a date with me?" Evan asked in a posh accent, like some prince, making Maddy laugh.

"I would love too," Maddy answered, leaning forward and kissing Evan on the cheek.

"Ok..cool..cool," Evan practically stuttered, her brain like a malfunction robot.

Maddy stood up and held out her hand, offering it to the tall woman. "I believe I was promised cheap ice cream?"

Evan stood and took her hand in her own. "Yes ma'am, wait- can you walk ok?" Evan questioned, worriedly.

Maddy just let out a laugh and dragged Evan out of the medical office, "I'm fine, let's go!"

So, the two left, hand in hand, laughing together. Evan didn't know what the future held for the two of them, but she had an idea that it was going to be beautiful. And what the two of them deserved.

THE END.

-☆-

a/n: thank you for reading my first fanfic ever?? i can't believe i actually finished it omg. i hope you enjoyed, and thank you for all the love and support for this silly little story i created <3. i appreciate all of you. thanks for reading!