(3)

"The car won't bloody start!" I scream fiercely.

The insides of the car's brain and heart must've shut down. The battery and the engine.

"Calm down. We'll be okay. Grab your coat. We can run into the cafe and hope it's still open." Katie rests her hand on my shoulder gently.

"Are you okay? If we step one foot outside it's guaranteed frostbite." I hiss.

"We have to try it. Let's stick together and hold eachother so we don't lose ourselves."

We leave the car and we hold eachother with intense grip.

"Don't let go. If you do you will end up in the road!" Katie tells over the howling of the wind.

The snow blowing around made everything concealed.

We walk around the building and try to open the café door. My teeth slam together to the freezing cold. Someone lets us inside. The man closes the door and we sit down with our coats wrapped around us tightly, shivering, stuttering, squealing like pigs in the cold. Being inside the café warmed us up a little. I notice the man is the waiter from before.

"Ladies. Seen you earlier and when I saw you out the window I came to help. This blizzard is one of the worst in history to ever hit Cedarwood for sure."

The man sits down on a stool.

"My name is Christopher. Yours?"

"I'm Katie, she is my sister Skyler."

"Nice names. Well. Wanna brew?" Christopher walked to the coffee machine in the kitchen.

"No thanks!" We shout to him. He comes back with what looks and smells like gold.

"Apple Turnovers?" He smiles happily. Without hesitation I take the turnovers out of his hand and remind myself of my manners.

"Thanks so much." I bite into it aggressively, soaking up the warmth inside my mouth. Katie finishes hers and asks a question.

"Where ya from?" She rudely asks.

"Poland. I'm Polish but speak good English." He chuckles.

"Cool. You must be used to the blizzards then?" I sooth my voice.

"Winter in Poland can be brutal. Summer can be rainy or warm. It depends." Christopher lays out his palm and retracts his fingers.

"How have you still got electric to run the coffee machine?" Katie clears her throat.

"Batteries. Special polish batteries." Christopher jokes.

"Well. Anywhere we can sleep tonight?" I question.

"Above the cafe is my home. I live above this place."

I shake his hand and he takes me and Katie to the rooms upstairs. He has a luxurious kitchen, living room and bedroom decorated with family pictures. I notice one with Christopher hugging a ginger woman with curly and fluffy hair. She probably and possibly not is 5,9ft. The picture was fitted into a well-crafted golden frame. The lady's skin was smooth and freckles hovered beneath her eyes.

This photo reminded me of when I was around Alex's house and I noticed a blonde lady on a photo. Except this woman will probably never cheat on anyone. No matter how prejudging it is, that woman in Alex's photo frame gave me bitch vibes.

It looked as if they were at a beach and Christopher's skin was bleached with the settling sun. Christopher caught me looking at the photo which I also noticed I was in the living area.

"That is my wife. A brilliant woman of passion and love. She has cared for many people." Chris takes the photo off of the white wall.

"I sense that you are using past tense for her
personality." I smile at him.