(7)

"I didn't even know I had lost my wallet!" I laugh hysterically. I am still slightly drunk.

"You are lucky I was in there at the right time." Lydia smiles.

"I was very. Very very lucky." I rub my head to stop it throbbing with pain.

"Are you okay? You seem a bit drunk?" Lydia tilts her head.

"Nah I'm good. Never been better in my life." I say with a weary voice. I rest my head on the back of the sofa.

"You're quite red. And you say you ain't drunk?" Lydia clears her throat and looks at me. At this point I had completely forgot I was in the room. Lydia leaves the living room and grabs a blanket from upstairs and hands me the blanket.

"Come on. You are not a bloody child ya sod!" Lydia sits down and asks me a question.

"Can I put on the TV?"

"What TV?" Lydia ignores me and turns the television on.

"Get some sleep." Lydia looks at me briefly.

***
The city skyline is touched by the looming sunset. Lydia sobs in drastic fear. I try to wiggle out of the ropes that are keeping me immobile. The busy streets of what looks like a capital city are flooded with innocent people. I then realise there is a man walking around wearing a hood. He takes a gun out of his pocket...

***

I squirm in agonising fear. I must have had another nightmare. The morning sunlight beams through the windows.

"You must've had a bad dream." Lydia lends me a bottle of water.

I'm still on the sofa and my head pounds like a drumming band is holding a gig inside it.

"You are still here?" I yawn with an aching voice.

"What you'd expect em to leave you in this state?" Lydia chuckled sarcastically.

"Fair enough. My head hurts."

"How much did you have to drink?" Lydia asks and looks at the Christmas decorations around the room.

"I can't recall much."

"What was your dream about?" Lydia urges.

"I don't wanna talk about it." I refuse and shove my face into the pillow.

"Well. I'm off. See ya in a bit mate." Her accent thickens.

"Thank you." I groan and she leaves the house.

I'm left to the clicking of the kitchen clocks and the whirring of the washing machine. The tender noises of the house fill the void of the silence. Before I almost slip into a slumber I remember what I am meant to be doing today. I grab my phone and it is one hour until midday. I grab myself a beer and wander upstairs to my bedroom to carry on writing a plan.

After a few minutes I realised I would need a layout of the mansion. A couple of photos wouldn't hurt. The problem is the roof. The roof is a good idea for infiltrating but more noisy. The alternatives are the well secured yard or garden. The roof is a better choice. I come to the conclusion I can't do all of this on my own. I decide to call Christopher.

The animated anime wallpaper flashes when I swipe through my phone. I click on the Phone app. I notice that Christopher's last name is Brooke when I scroll through the contacts. The phone dials and its vibrations make my hands tremble. Hangovers aren't very pleasant.

"Good evening." Christopher jokes.

"It's morning ya wally." Lydia's accent is catching up on me.

"I was joking. Jeez. What do you want Sky?" Christopher asks.