Chapter 56

'So she rejected all those offers for the sake of Killian?'

That's the only conclusion K could draw from the situation, but if that's the case, then he helped Edith meet the second exception condition.

Because K was the one who encouraged Killian to do it through Lizé.

If he had left it alone, Killian wouldn't have made ten offers in a row, and Edith, who had relaxed in the middle, might have accepted at least once.

Encouraging Killian to strengthen the flow of the story turned out to be a double-edged sword. But there's no point in hindsight.

'Damn it! If the second condition is met, that means Killian won't listen to me anymore!

The second exception condition had never been met, until the thirteenth Edith did it.

K's control over Killian would be reduced to about 30%, making him even harder to control, and his control over other characters would be reduced to about 70%.

But K had never seen what that was like.

'What will happen to this world...... when the third exception condition is met?'

A horror he'd never thought of came over him.

As far as he knows, once the third condition is met, he will not be able to intervene in anything in the world, and the world will be driven by the probabilities created by the characters.

But what the world would be like, he couldn't imagine.

He had always thought of himself as the god of this world, but now that he was in this situation, he felt so helpless.

'I created this world, why can't I control it the way I want?!'

Worse yet, once the law of "following the original story" is removed, time will continue to move forward.

Unlike the end of the story, where Lizé becomes the Duchess and the Sinclairs experience a profound sense of regret and then everything back to the beginning of the story...... time will continue to move forward after that.

But apart from being tired of living in a loop, K was not curious about what would happen after the original story.

'I will only happily ever after, I don't want to know the after story, I don't want to see Lizé grow old!'

K wanted the story to stop at the peak of happiness. How could he watch the traces of time fall on Lizé's beautiful face?

Lizé should be perfect.

She should remain in her current state, young, beautiful, happy, and loved by everyone.

'And for that to happen, Edith must die as a villainess.'

K gritted his teeth.

Unfortunately, K can't kill Edith himself.

It wasn't until this situation that he realized it more clearly: trapped in the flow of the story, he could only control the characters he created.

And the flow of the original story sets up only one person to kill Edith: Killian.

'Of course, now that the second condition has been met, the law of "following the original flow" is weakened, and I can use it to kill Edith, but the penalty for doing so...... will be severe.'

If Killian falls in love with Lizé again, it might make things easier, but in any case, the most powerful weapon K could wield is the "exception condition".

If the last one is not met, there is a high probability that no matter what happens, the flow of the original story will eventually lead Killian to kill Edith.