Chapter 87

He said, "I'll get you something to drink while Count Riegelhoff is distracted. I'll be right back, but don't move from here."

"Okay. Thank you, Killian."

"If anyone tries to drag you away, scream. I'll take care of any trouble."

Even with that promise, Killian looked back a few times, like he was leaving a child behind.

I stood there, covering my mouth with the back of my hand and laughing at how cute it was.

It was then that I heard a small but intrusive voice.

"Pretending to be cute, ck......"

For a moment, I thought she was making fun of Killian.

But when I turned my head, the young lady who had been glaring at me earlier, Leila Sinclair, and a few other young ladies were looking at me with hostile gazes.

'What is it? Jealousy......? Are you jealous of me?'

Oh my God, jealousy!

I had never received jealousy from anyone else in my entire life, and it was a very refreshing experience.

It wasn't something about me, it was just because of Killian, but this was still jealousy!

I felt like my chin went up and the bridge of my nose got about three millimeters higher.

"I'm sure she's trying to survive even if it means fawning over them. Count Riegelhoff seems to have completely switched sides to Archduke Langston."

"I heard she was originally a hostage. Looking at what happened, it looks like the Riegelhoffs have decided to throw her away."

Huh? You all know my predicament without me telling you! I guess I don't have to meet the third exception condition.

'But it's one thing to feel good, it's another thing to have my reputation and House Ludwig's honor damaged.'

I briefly considered letting it slide, since I appreciated the jealousy, but then I remembered that on this floor, keeping my mouth shut is usually a sign of weakness.

I sighed and said, "Yeah, well, I don't have a hill to climb [1], and I'm being held hostage."

[1] Don't have someone to rely on.

It's not wrong, so I admit it.

Then they all snickered, covering their mouths with fans.

"How long will that marriage last?"

"How unfortunate to be divorced at such a young age."

To the mockery and malice in their voices, I replied with a look that said, "What can I do?"

"So what? I'll be the lady who was married to Killian Ludwig. What's the big deal?"

One by one, the ladies' smiles faded.

"Well, if I get divorced, I'll have alimony and a nice mansion to live in. I'll get a big alimony check to live on without thinking about what to eat tomorrow. I'm pretty and in great shape, and I'll have a couple of good lovers, and if I can't be bothered to have them, I'll remarry. It's really not that complicated, is it?"

Then Leila Sinclair shot me a venomous glare. "So you're nothing more than a leech on the Ludwig family, after all."

"Oh my, isn't that the way you guys live? You're all insolent and take refuge behind your father's name before you got married, and your husband's name afterward, so I was just trying to fit in a little bit......"