Chapter 115

'So...... did they leave me trapped there to die?'

A hollow laugh flowed out.

No matter how much I thought about it, I couldn't understand it.

If they thought I was part of the Riegelhoffs, they should have dragged me out and cut my throat, and if not, they should have rescued me.

'They didn't think I was part of this, but they didn't want to save me either......?'

That's all I could think of because they left me there, tied up like a prisoner and beaten.

If they left me there and claimed not to know about it, the Ludwigs would not be held responsible for my death.

'Killian...... this, was this something you agreed to?'

In the original story, Cliff's rescue is something that both Duke Ludwig and Killian know about. It is something Cliff agreed to do after careful planning.

'Then Killian must be aware of the plan......'

Thinking about the original story, I stood there for a moment, staring up at the sky, which was half covered in light gray clouds.

'It's winter again...... and it's only been a year since I married Killian. Edith only appears for a year in the original story.'

A lot of things had happened in that one year, but when I tried to think of them, all I could see was Killian's face.

"The person who made the best use of your 'billboard' is Killian Ludwig."

Sophia's words cluttered my mind.

She'd said he was being nice to me to show others......

'Was he being nice to me when others weren't looking, just to completely deceive me?'

I wanted to believe it wasn't, but negative imaginations continued to arise one after another.

If Killian really accepted me as his wife, there was no way Cliff would have abandoned me, no matter how much he hated me. He's not the kind of older brother who ignores his younger brother's will.

So the meaning of abandoning me like this was clear.

'You don't need me anymore?'

I suddenly broke down, remembering how I had tried so desperately to win a piece of Killian's heart.

But even in the midst of despair and hopelessness, humans are animals that feel hunger and cold.

"Ugh, it's cold."

Shivering in pain, I thought about what to do.

'Think positive, think positive. I'm still alive anyway.'

My "Plan B" of being nice to the extras ended up saving my life.

If it weren't for the mercenaries loosening the rope, I would have starved to death or frozen to death in that dark basement.

'Now I can finally spend the money I deposited in the bank.'

I had to quickly get the money before the Ludwigs blocked withdrawals from my safe.

I opened the safe under an assumed name, but I assumed Duke Ludwig could easily figure it all out.

"If you're lucky enough to survive, untie yourself and run. This is Wellesley, south of the capital, so when you get out, run north."

I remembered the mercenary's words.

I looked at the sun among the clouds, looked down at my own shadow, and started walking north.