twenty-seven | 'mafia?'

trigger warnings: mentions of child abuse, past trauma, IED, PTSD, death of a lost one, substance use and SA

𝐒𝐨𝐧𝐠: 𝐅𝐥𝐞𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐞-𝐇𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐬 𝐋𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐇𝐞𝐥𝐥

"Were you ever injured?" Duke asked.

"What kind of question is that? I was into fights" Accalia said, and he nodded in response.

"Your shoulder when you came." Volna implied.

"Yes, it was from a fight. I won that one too by the way." She had to specify that last part.

"Were you ever hurt?" Levias asked. Lia looked at him for a moment. They were like two sides of the same coin. Different but yet the same. The way they could understand each other always amazed me. The same with the triplets and the twins.

"I think we covered that question," Romeo said from next to him.

"Yes," Accalia answered looking at Levias. It was a bond beyond simple words. Put emotions into the mix and they both knew what each other implied or felt or left unspoken.

"Bad?" he asked again. And I waited for Accalia to answer. I feared that answer because he was the only one who managed to dig deeper. I was cautious too. I didn't want to trigger her. After she explained with the little words the past traumatic experience with her lost best friend, I didn't want to push her too far. I would take whatever little truths she gave away.

"Yes," her voice was lower as she scratched the back of my neck.

Everyone was silently watching the younger twins.

Rosalyn was still holding Lia's hand and I watched as my sister's boyfriend's knee bumped Lia's from time to time in a slow rhythm.

I was glad she had them. And I wanted to find everyone who wronged her in her life span and kill them one by one.

Levias was digging deeper.

"What happened in that orphanage?" Sebastian asked next.

"What happened at the last two orphanages?" Leonardo added.

"What led you to burn one down?" that was Marcelo.

"How bad?" levias asked. They still eyed each other. Lia hadn't looked at the others firing questions at her. Her breathing rhythm changed, and I watched as my youngest sibling started looking for a way out. For an exit.

"What happened that night?" Marcelo asked and if he was next to me, I would have punched him. Lia tensed. Her eyes widened and she looked frantic. Rosalyn looked scared. Mumbling small words to her friend but to no avail. Asa tried to touch her, but she flinched. My heart dropped at the sight. I didn't care about anyone else in the living room. When Lia jumped from the couch and cowered back to the wall, I followed her. What the hell had happened to my little sister to cause such a panic attack? Her hands were trembling. Not from the overdose. That was getting better. She was afraid. She trembled from fear.