forty-one | peach fuzz

this is part of a double update

read ch 40 first

𝐒𝐨𝐧𝐠: 𝐆𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐬 𝐀𝐧𝐢𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐬 - 𝐓𝐨𝐞𝐬

There was a thing looking over me when I opened my eyes

There was a thing looking over me when I opened my eyes. Two yellow eyes were staring at me with feline curiosity.

The bat had tilted its head to the side. Destruction and mischief were written in those two citrines.

The ball sack was thinking of world domination, and I was the one it chose to start.

I narrowed my eyes at her, and she narrowed hers back at me, tilting her head more.

"Find her!" Mateo's voice came from outside my door.

"Who is her Mateo?" That was Romeo.

"I can't tell you. Just find her" Mateo answered.

"if you don't tell me what we are looking for how can we help you?" Ezra retorted.

I was fairly certain the 'her' was the rotisserie chicken next to my head.

"You will see what we are looking for," Mateo said.

"We've been looking for thirty minutes Mateo just tell us what we are looking for" Ezra whined.

I looked at the thing next to me and smiled. She licked her paw elegantly talons drawn out. Eyes closed and completely at ease.

I preferred dogs more.

"All right I'm out of here. I am going back to bed." Ezra declared making a yawning sound in the end.

"No you got to help me find her, she got out, they can't learn about her." Mateo pleaded.

"Who Mateo!" Romeo exclaimed. His tone was low.

"Who are we looking for?" Ezra said.

"Peach." Mateo finally said.

"Peach?" I questioned lowly. The cat stopped licking her paw and opened one of her eyes looking at me in question. So the ball sack was Peach.

"We are looking for a peach? All this time we were looking for a fucking peach?" Romeo was getting frustrated.

"Mateo! Just go in the kitchen grab a peach and eat it!" Ezra said.

"We don't have any peaches," Romeo said.

"We don't?" Ezra sounded taken aback.

I heard footsteps pacing outside my bedroom.

"of course, we don't you idiot! It's March peach season begins in fucking May. I don't want a peach. I want my peach. Her" he toned, "her name is Peach. Peach is a she. And she is missing and you have to help me find her before anyone else finds her. Or worse before Diablo and Nova find her," he said all in one breath.