sixty-one | indigo

𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐠: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐜 𝐎𝐫𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚 - '𝐓𝐨 𝐁𝐮𝐢𝐥𝐝 𝐀 𝐇𝐨𝐦𝐞'

MAJOR TRIGGER WARNING-S

What is love?

As I stared into Atticus' eyes, I realized love is forgiveness and understanding and love is unconditional.

My life didn't flash before my eyes. The picture stayed the same. These two ice-blue eyes I love staring back at me. I could understand revenge. I sought it for all these years. And I could understand his feelings.

As I felt the air from the bullet flying next to my head, Atticus crumbled. His knees hit the floor, and he broke down. The gun clattered to the floor next to us. I bent down myself and cupped his cheeks. "I'm sorry," he said. Hiding his face.

"It's okay" I smiled with my eyes full of tears. Maybe he needed time. I made a small move to back away but he grabbed me. His hands circled my waist and he brought me closer. A small sob escaped me as I straddled him. My hands found their way around his neck. And his face buried in my neck.

I kissed his head and he kissed my neck. My tears fell wrapping around his curls and his wetted my neck. He wouldn't let go. And I wouldn't either. We had promised to heal each other and despite the rage or revenge, our love was more powerful than that.

He kept mumbling 'I'm sorry' and 'I'm sorry' and I kept caressing his hair not letting go.

Atticus knelt on the cold, hard ground, tears streaming down his face, his shoulders shaking with the weight of his emotions never letting go of my waist as if I would disappear. I couldn't let go either. My heart was fighting against my chest.

"Atticus," I whispered softly, trying to pull back, hesitating for a moment before reaching out with both hands and gently placing them on his cheeks.

Atticus looked up, his eyes red and swollen from crying. "Lia, I... I'm so sorry," he choked out, his voice barely a whisper.

I wrapped my arms around him in a comforting embrace Once more. "I'm sorry too," I murmured, rubbing his back soothingly. "we'll get through it together."

Atticus buried his face in my shoulder again, his tears soaking into the fabric of my hoodie. "I can't," he whispered brokenly.

I held him tighter, my own eyes never stopped welling up with tears. "we can fix this " I whispered, my voice trembling with emotion.

Atticus nodded, pulling away slightly to look into my eyes, "I need to understand" he spoke.

I smiled softly, reaching up to brush away a tear from Atticus's cheek. He kissed my tears away, "We'll figure it out together," I said.

"Tell me everything, help me understand, because right now my mind isn't in the right place" he spoke.

I took a deep breath, my heart was heavy with the weight of the truth I was about to reveal. "Okay, Atticus," I said softly, my voice steady despite the turmoil raging inside me. "I'll tell you everything. But you have to promise me that you'll listen, really listen, and try to understand."