Chapter Two: A New Family

Luna went home shortly after the incident the night before, disgusted with the world. 'I'm glad I went out though, I saved her...'

Anya woke up to this and realized that she had missed going on Luna's patrol, which instantly made her in a sour mood. "Good morning, Loid," Luna greeted.

"Good morning," Loid greeted in return.

Luna sat down at the table as Loid plated her and Anya some breakfast. Loid noticed Anya's foul mood and panicked, 'What's wrong? Is she unhappy about something? Did I do something wrong? This could put Operation Strix in trouble!'

Luna then looked up at Loid and asked, "So what time are we going to the tailor?"

"Some time this afternoon, that way we have plenty of time to do what we need," Loid explained.

Luna nodded and Anya gasped, "We're going on an ooting!"

Luna chuckled and said, "Yep!"

Anya's eyes twinkled as she scarfed down the rest of her meal. 'Well it seems that made Anya feel better. Remember, Twilight, she is just a child. Besides, I have a back-up plan now. With her test scores, I'd almost say that Luna is more likely to become an imperial scholar than Anya, but it's better to not put all my eggs in one basket, so I will still move forward with Anya as well,' Loid thought to himself as he finished his breakfast.

There was a knock at the door and Luna got up to get it, opening the door to a man that was only slightly taller than her and had very messy and curly hair. "Um, hello. Who are you?" Luna asked.

"My name is Franky, I'm a friend of your dad's. I assume you're Luna," Franky said.

"Oh, ok. Loid! Your friend is here!" Luna said while blocking Franky from entering in case he was lying.

Loid came by and said, "Oh, hello Franky. Thank you for coming over."

Luna sighed in relief and moved aside, letting Franky in. Luna followed them in and sat down on the couch, watching as her new father then attempted to make Franky look like a woman. "Soooo what is this for? I mean, if it's just because you wanna be a girl in general, then slay, but I have a feeling it's not that," Luna remarked.

Franky started pouting as Loid explained, "Eden is super strict, they prioritize traditional families. They won't even consider you and Anya if I don't have a wife."

"Well that's dumb, why do you even want us to go to that school?" Luna asked.

"Because it's the best education in the east," Loid said with a sigh.

Afterward, Luna checked the time and said, "We should probably be heading out soon. And who knows, maybe we'll be able to meet a lady who will be willing to pretend to be your wife while we are out."

Anya giggled and ran to the bedroom, Luna following suit. The girls got dressed and the family set out to the tailor. When they got there, they walked in and the lady at the front desk smiled. "Hello, what can I do for you today?" she asked.

"I need to get some new outfits for my daughters," Loid said with a gentle smile, putting a hand on the girls' shoulders.

Luna's heart warmed at the mention of being Loid's daughter as the lady guided her and Anya into the back to be measured. The lady gave Anya to her coworker and took a closer look at Luna. 

"Now let's get you measured," the lady said happily.

After being measured, the lady guided Luna back to the front where Luna was greeted with the sight of Loid talking to a beautiful lady with long, black hair tied up fancily and crimson red eyes. Both of them noticed her approach and Luna caved in on herself awkwardly. "They finished measuring me..." Luna said awkwardly.