12| 𝙷𝚊𝚝𝚎 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚁𝚒𝚌𝚑

KAI BRENT

KAI BRENT

Honestly, I feel like I was born to hate the rich.

People say worship the rich I say eat 'em.

I hated everything about them. The way they walked, talked, even how they spoke most of the time you could just tell.

So hence why I'm surprised that I feel kinda guilty seeing Summer brought close to tears practically running away from my car. Although my anger comes back full force after the brief moment.

I sit in silence dealing with a complicated mix of anger, shame, and regret. feelings that I wish were new to me.

What was I even thinking asking her, I thought being with a nepotism baby and practically celebrity would prove her wrong. Prove everybody wrong.

I should have known somebody like Summer would
have unrealistically high standards too. She dated that douche Carter for God's sake.

Was she really that ashamed of me just by the first impression, the disgust on her face was apparent.

It was only for pretend and a good trade if you asked me. She didn't even let me properly explain my reason or situation.

Perhaps she already even knew about who I really was and didn't fuck with me from the start.

I drive across the street which is only 3 minutes away in silence and get a call from my uncle upon parking in our driveway.

"Hey Unc, what's up", I say my voice flat.

"Just calling to let you know that I gotta tournament to host tonight so I won't be home till around 4:00 am", he says the bustling noise being heard in the background.

"Now what about you, what's shakin' bacon", he says his usually jolly voice and laughter echoing across the phone sound waves.

"Nothing just about to head home", I say truthfully.

"Are you good you sound off", he says worriedly.

"Yeah don't worry about it", I say dismissively.

"How can I not worry I'm your guardian things are gonna have to be different now that-

I hang up not in the mood. I'll face the consequences of that later.

I step into the house running my hands through my curly black hair and just stand there dazed.

I've been spacing out lately way too much, I've read it's a sign of some mental illness but I forgot which one

I head upstairs in a slump not bothering to eat anything provided in the fridge or cook up something fresh.

While I head upstairs I get a glimpse of both my mom, dad, sister, and brother in a family photo. All gone. That added even more to the depressing state I was in.

Even though I was used to seeing their faces every time I would pass by the frame along the staircase wall, today felt different.

They were the reason for my every heartbreak.

Summer brought back up old memories that should never have existed.

FLASHBACK—

The air was crisp a silence ensuing as we stood face to face just outside her huge 4-story penthouse.

Her father had just kicked me out and it was as if I couldn't move. The anxiety I had felt while her father was yelling at me was nothing compared to how I felt now waiting for her to speak.

A few moments of silence pass before she finally speaks again getting straight to the point.

"We can't be together anymore we just don't work", she says not meeting my eyes.

There's no way...6 months we had been together, that's half a year after I moved. The feelings I caught weren't mistaken this girl had been the one thing keeping me afloat and now I'm really about to lose her.

I can't lose her, not her too.

"Please- don't Vera", I say afraid of what she's gonna say next.

"It's just- my parents and I don't exactly know your background or much about your family-

I cut her off hurt and in shock.

"I told you they died!", I say flat out in frustration holding my tears back.

I sniffle a little trying to compose myself.

"Y-yeah I know...it's just that's the problem," she says looking down.

Overwhelming anger takes over my body.

"I was warned about you and I didn't listen, I should've fucking listened", I say shaking my head in resentment my tears disappearing.

"I only wanted to have some fun with you I didn't expect you to get attached like this, cmon you know I'm someone that has high standards and priorities in life", she says almost like she's getting angry.

"Only some fun wow Vera that's not what you were saying when-

"Don't finish that" she says almost shaking in anger.

"People were constantly telling you about who I was. I'm A Capaldi you don't even have a family name...well at least not anymore", she says now looking at me with foreign and distant cold eyes.

I'm taken aback and don't recognize the person in front of me.

"My money, wealth, name it's all things you don't have. So what makes you think you can have me too", she says her cold brown eyes staring down at me.

I open my mouth about to speak but I realize what she's saying is true. What do I deserve to have now that I have nothing? My uncle had everything I was just borrowing it from him till I was 18 and old enough to leave.

I see a smirk form when she sees me speechless before she opens her mouth to talk again delivering the final blow.

"I'm sorry, but we're just not on the same wavelength or level and we never have been please just leave my property", she says walking away from me leaving me alone on her pavement.

I see some of her guards who had been silently watching approach me about to remove me but I wave them off and start walking out the front gates my chest in more pain than I could ever imagine.

The crisp autumn air against my skin did nothing to ease the hurt instead intensifying it.

She was right.

Now that I had nothing I wasn't the type you could settle down with or plan any future with. I can't blame her for not wanting me for anything serious other than fun. I was naive and stupid to think I was ever gonna amount to anything more.

What was I worth now, I felt like nothing.

———————————————————————
A/N: damn I wouldn't wish losing your entire family on anyone now that you know a bit more about Kai this could offer some explanation to y'all as readers.

ALSO MERRY CHRISTMAS THANKS FOR 400 VIEWS OMG.