24| 𝚅𝚎𝚛𝚊.

SUMMER BLAKE

SUMMER BLAKE

  As we sit in armchairs faced across from each other in this secluded prison-like library room, my heart rapidly beats from the tension.

None of us do the talking.

At least our mouths don't

Our eyes are all we have almost as if both of us are afraid to say even a word.

I wanna speak but I'm too nervous and honestly, I'm not sure if I'm that desperate for the questions I want answering to anymore.

I look at Kai again across from me his green eyes bearing into my hazel ones.

Chills run down my body insufferably

His eyes do something to me and I hate it along with him. I hate how I feel when I'm around him and I've come to the conclusion I can't do this anymore. I just can't, I was never ok with being confused and right now it felt like I was thrown into a maze of emotions.

I decide to voice my thoughts out

"Kai I don't think-

"I'll tell you about Vera I think it's only fair to you", he says interrupting me out of the blue

"Uh fair to our plan I mean", he clarifies clearing his throat.

I nod despite his slightly weird behavior getting ready to listen.

For the first time ever I'm actually thankful that Kai cuts me off mid-sentence because I feel like I'd regret everything I'd have to say after those 4 words.

"Vera Capaldi... well where do I start— she was my girlfriend that's been pretty obvious", he says staring into blank space too afraid to look me in the eyes.

I tense up for some reason preparing myself.

"To be honest she was my world and I mean my entire world, considering after becoming an orphan I had no world left", he says with a bitter laugh.

"She was the one person who made me truly hate being an orphan", he says running his hand stressfully through his messy black locks.

"I know you've been wondering how I became an orphan in the first place don't worry it's fine", he says with fake amusement.

"It was a house fire and I had just come back from partying....just in time to find my Mom, dad, sister, and brother all gone up in flames.", he says his eyes far away as if they were revisiting a nightmarish scene.

"Losing my family was how I became an orphan in the first place and with her I swear I thought she would be the only way I could gain another one", he says clearly venting out his feelings.

I look at him pity flooding my eyes.

"Don't look at me like that, please don't", he says his voice a bit shaky.