19| 𝙵𝚘𝚛𝚐𝚎𝚝

SUMMER BLAKE

SUMMER BLAKE

   Currently, I'm lying on my bed staring at the ceiling just thinking.

It's been a week since my first Defense class with Kai plus his friends Nolan and Mikey and they've been pretty cool. I've also met Kai's other friends since I've been sitting with him at lunch and they aren't bad either.

Kai and I have been making sure to uphold our dating status staying together whenever we can in the public eye.

Right now overall everything is just ok not the best but not too bad either. Yet one name keeps appearing in my mind for some reason.

Vera

I'm not sure who she is entirely but strangely it bothers me that Kai never wants to talk about her and always seems to avoid any topic on her overall.

My first assumption was a messy ex from the past but now my mind is spiraling. What if she's not an ex but disappeared and is bound to come back again causing us to break up?

I mean we're not actually together though so it wouldn't be depressing but it makes me uneasy.

Suddenly I hear a knock on my door shaking me abruptly out of my thoughts.

It has to be one of the members of this household, if you're now wondering about my family that's been going great on my part. I ignore them and pretend they don't exist it's that simple at least for me.

"Come in", I say my eyes widening in shock upon locking with Elise's brown eyes.

Elise was always someone who felt distant and genuinely out of reach from me, someone I once admired yet couldn't truly love. She was my sister but only by blood.

So hence why I was surprised she was the one to come and see me.

"Um.. mom wants you to come down for dinner, she has something to announce", Elise says her eyes holding an empty sadness to it.

I nod getting up and sliding my feet into my fluffy white slides before following not too far behind Elise down the stairs.

I enter the finely lit dining room sitting at my usual spot a bit far away from everyone else at the opposite head of the table. The food was already plated some sort of rice and fancy fish.

I pick up my fork eating normally but still wary of my surroundings. I knew something was up yet I couldn't exactly put my finger on it.

I decide to brush off the vibes but make sure to be much more observant.

Immediately mom goes to each and every one of my siblings asking about their current objectives for the future and school her expectations as usual reaching higher than any tower.

They all say the usual straight A's and Killian doing well being a young surgeon. Elise of course doing well at Juilliard.

She usually skips over me which I genuinely appreciate despite the damage she thinks she does but something's off about her today hence why she decided to ask me for the first time in ages.