15| 𝙻𝚒𝚊𝚛

KAI BRENT

KAI BRENT

I knew I wasn't a liar I was sure of that, but what I wasn't sure of was the way I was feeling right now in this moment.

I said I had no problem with physical touch yet here I was struggling to do something as simple as look her in the eyes while she was on my lap, chest pointed at me and everything.

Don't get me wrong I wasn't attracted to Summer Blake at all. She was an uptight drama queen who didn't know how to have any fun. Despite some of the rumors I heard about her being all fun and loving and shit.

all of a sudden I think back to the night she snuck into my room to agree with my deal which genuinely surprised me and made me feel seen for some reason. I really didn't expect her to not care about my image and having a family name with no value.

I'm snapped out of my thoughts by a demanding voice.

"Look into my eyes dipshit, when guys look into the eyes of their girls it usually insinuates a genuine relationship", she says her hand reaching to grab my cheek.

I obey and nod absentmindedly saying nothing.

For the first time, I noticed her eyes were hazel. Her strawberry blond reddish hair blended in perfectly with her features.

She even has cute little freckles scattered across her cheeks- not that she's cute or anything though. Just the freckles.

Her hands were soft and I felt goosebumps as she dragged her nails across my cheek.

I'm just touch-deprived that's all.

She moves and squirms adjusting herself even closer on my lap and I panic.

Even thinking of my long-dead grandma being naked didn't help my new problem so I had to stop this.

I lightly push her off and see Jay outside my window eyes wide. Luckily he came right in time so I could use him as an escape.

Jay was one of my best friends I met him on a random basketball court and knew him from the times I used to often fly to New York just to visit. So he's been here for me since I'm now staying permanently.

Jay was probably nothing but a loud class clown to other people but to me, he was my morning alarm, annoying at times but needed.

I haven't told Jay anything about my plan and I'm unsure if I want to or should.

I step out of the car shutting the door while I nervously scratch the back of my head. I quickly glimpse back noticing Summer in the car looking confused and a little angry.

Just by the look on her face, I know she'll deal with my ass later.

I'm abruptly brought back to reality by Jay's loud voice.

"Bro what the fuck, is that the Summer Blake?!", he yells dramatically as usual.

"yeah so about that..", I say a bit more anxious than intended.