31. Vows of Hearts

This book has more than 700 engaged readers but all of you together can't touch the target of 185 votes? Why is that? Do you guys not think that the book should get votes if the readers are enjoying it?

Authors put their creativity, efforts and energy into their work. It takes a lot of time to think, write and edit a single chapter. Hours and sometimes days, if the scenes don't fit right. And it literally takes a SECOND to vote. But some people can't even do that.

*takes a deep breathe* AAJ SHAADI HAI AUR VOTES RUKNE NAHI CHAHIYE📢

225 VOTES!

Enjoy reading𓆩♡𓆪

NAINA'S POV

Chaos and yellow was in the air. I was seated in a big swing that was decorated with orange, white and yellow flowers. Beside me was my would be husband, on the other swing.

The weather in Mussoorie has turned slashing cold and the sun chose to shy away behind the cloud, like a child hiding behind his mother. The only thing that kept me from freezing, was the blasting hot waves from the heater near me.

Whilst I was on the verge of turning into an iceberg, everyone else was sweating. They have been dancing and playing games for hours. A silly, bride side versus groom side competition was erupted between them out of nowhere.

All the elders applied Haldi (turmeric) paste on both of us, and the younger troop was having a full blown water fight with depressingly cold water.

To everyone's utter surprise, My cold, not so friendly brother, was taking part in their games.

He was not the part of the water fight, if he were then I might have had a heart attack because that would be too much.

But he was laughing was letting the younger ones do whatever they wanted to do with him, with a smile. A smile! A. Genuine. Fucking. Smile! I bet my business; he was possessed.

He was drenched after Prerna threw a bucket of water at him, accidentally. If it was done by anyone else, then they would've been the fuel in the evening's bonfire.

Among all the chaos Sarthak came running towards the swings. He was holding the mouth of the bucket with one hand and supporting its bottom with other. Like he was ready to splash it on someone.

The way he was grinning mischievously. I was sure whom that bucket was for. I chuckled at looked at Shobhit whose eyes were wide in terror.

"No, no, no, no, no, no!" Shobhit kept shaking his head pleading for mercy from his younger brother.

But Sarthak suddenly changed his track and looked at me with a smirk. I widened my eyes and moved my hands in front of my face as if they would help me to protect myself from water.

Sarthak turned the bucket upside down over my head and I squeezed my eyes shut and brought my knees up, bracing myself from the upcoming cold-water attack.

But instead of the lethally cold water, I felt something soft over my skin.

I opened my eyes, and they were flowers.

"Aapko kuch thodi karunga."

"I can't harm you."

He smiled cheekily. I inhaled a breath of relief and blinked my eyes at him.

"Bhai meri chamdi udhed kar mujhe hi khila denge aur waise bhi main vegetarian hoon."

"Brother would peel off my skin, and will feed it to me. And by the way, I'm a vegetarian."