41. Pain and Comfort

Dekh rahi hu main, vote krne mein kanjusi ho rahi hai🧐

420 VOTES!

Enjoy Reading𓆩♡𓆪

Naina's POV

"Bhabhi," Prerna and I were talking when someone called me, making us look at the person. "Everyone is asking for your presence in the event hall." Dipti informed and tipped her head in a greeting, looking at Prerna. She greeted back with the same smile.

We walked out of the dining area and headed to where we were called.

"Are you going to public your relationship or you are willing to keep the world oblivious?" Prerna asked.

I chuckled and nodded. "We will public it today, after this party." I answered and we stepped inside the hall.

I looked around the huge room and saw Shobhit talking with some government officials. Our eyes met and he secretly winked at me and I winked back.

Then my eyes fell on Bhai. He was in the extreme corner of the room, looking all wierd and disheveled.

Sarthak and Dheeraj were holding his arms, trying to keep him in place. While Manik was trying to put a... lemon in Bhai's mouth?

What the hell are they doing?

Bhai shook his head and Manik forcefully grabbed his face and shoved the lemon in his mouth. And Bhai helplessly glared at Manik.

"Is he drunk?" Prerna chuckled beside me. And I looked closely. Bhai was mumbling with the lemon in his mouth. His eyes squeezed, maybe, by the taste of it.

Hell. She is right.

We both laughed silently at his condition.

"He has been acting like this for an hour now." Deepti reported. "He even spilled whiskey on Bhai's friend's clothes." She shook her head and went away. And I laughed harder.

Well, this was new. The last time he was intoxicated, was about five and a half years ago. He cried that night, sitting in front of our parent's room when they didn't open the door for him.

Because he thought that mom was mad at him for drinking so much and coming home late, every night. But the reason she didn't open the door was because our parents were not at home. Period. He was just mindlessly banging the door of an empty room.

Since then he has limited his alcohol intake. But today was an exception for him, I guess.

I glanced at him one last time and moved to get some juice first. My throat felt dry no matter how much water I drank today. Maybe juice could help.

"You go. I need to use the restroom first." Prerna said and moved towards the lavatory.

I reached the counter and felt a sudden shooting pain in my lower abdomen. I hissed under my breath.

Fuck! Not here.

I doubted if it was because of my periods, because it's not the date today. My periods were supposed to come five days later. Maybe it was a warning pain. A sign that my periods can come anytime soon.

I squeezed my eyes and dropped my body on the counter chair near me. I asked for water and pressed my palm against my eyes. I was in the corner so not many people would be able to see me. But I hope Shobhit does.

I looked over to him who was still talking to the same Minister. Then I looked at the other family members who too were busy in attending guests.

I took out my phone to make a call. I dialed Shobhit's number—