𝐨𝐜𝐞𝐚𝐧 𝐞𝐲𝐞𝐬

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞.

( ocean eyes )

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

With the poetics Quiver had been reciting over how amazing he would look in his designs, it had served to somewhat inflate Ares' already big ego. Not that he would ever admit it was big in the first place, but it was different when you had just about everyone whispering in your ear about just how pretty you are and just how handsome you seem. At first, it was embarrassing and even objectifying, with the way he was treated like a little doll getting dressed up. But when Ares was getting too upset, and anger was threatening to get the better of him, he tried to remember what Callum had told him back on the train.

It was time to play the games.

Quiver, for all of his chattering, managed to create something that would no doubt leave people stunned. His outfit was a simple two-piece, but the fine gold that weaved around his torso made it seem much more complex and striking. Forgoing the yellow, as all of the previous District Nine tributes have worn in the past to signify grain and wheat, the gold was the entire point of the fit which provided the same warmth and feel but on a more grand scale. It played on the desires of those who laid their eyes on him. It was tantalizing and seductive, with its sheer chest plate of intricate patterns and bare arms. It made people want to see more underneath the cage of wealth and to learn more about him. It also served to make him look strong, like a warrior's chestplate or chainmail. His pants were the plainest part of the whole outfit, black with a chain shaped like a bundle of wheat dropping from the pocket and connecting to the belt buckle. To tie the outfit together, upon his head was a crown of gold leaves. It was threaded together with delicate metals and blended in with his blonde hair, to which it pushed back like a headband to showcase his face. In order not to clash with his outfit, he only had subtle makeup on. To play on the 'pretty' aspect, his lips were a touch rosy and his eyes were lined subtly with silver to help make the blue of his iris pop.

He didn't look all that different, but his aura had shifted tremendously. No longer did he look like a soft district boy, Ares Aristo looked like a warrior. He looked like a personification of war and courage; the spirit of battle. However, his delicate features and rounded-out edges helped give him a softer impression that would bring the audience to favour him. 

As Quiver put it, Ares would be worshipped.

Pandora seemed to think the opposite, however, and distaste immediately flooded her expression, wiping away the soft smile she always wore.

"Are you kidding me right now?" She deadpanned, her eyes dragging up and down his body as he made his way towards her with Quiver prodding and adjusting his hair with every step.

"What? You didn't get the memo?" Ares teased, doing a dramatic spin for her to take in the entire outfit.

Although Pandora looked stunning, her stylist had clearly opted out of the finer details that Quiver insisted upon. She was dressed fairly similarly, with a top that had minor gold detailing across her collarbone and chest, although instead of it looking like a chest plate of armour, the colour was solid before shifting into black and turning sheer like a crop top. Her pants were also black, but there was a silky dark rope being used as a belt. It looped around her waist with two tassels of what looked like wheat charms dangling at the end near her thigh. Her hair was similarly pushed back with a thicker golden-leaved crown. It was all somewhat plain in comparison, although her makeup seemed to help with the lack of gold at her mid-drift, with the colour instead shaded on her eyelids and dusted across her high cheekbones.