𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐢𝐭

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱.

( work for it )

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

The Training Center had a tower designed exclusively for the tributes and their teams, with each floor belonging to a different district. If Ares hadn't already known he'd be thrust into a battle of death in only a week's time, maybe he would have tried to appreciate the luxury of the crystal elevator and the futuristic rooms with touchscreens that could grant them their every wish. But seeing as he was very well aware of his near blood-filled future, all of the affluence around him felt like a cruel mockery, a sentiment that echoed Pandora's words from the train once again—the last supper.

The bitter notion rang truer and truer with every passing day.

Callum Mikaels on the other hand, was desensitized to it all.

"Well, well, well. Look who it is. Quite a show you two put on; I must say I'm impressed," he smirked, leaning back in his seat as soon as the elevator doors opened and Ares and Pandora were ushered out, still adorned in their extravagant outfits.

"Can you not?" Ares rolled his eyes, walking over to the sofa to finally lay down even though the gold structure covering his ribcage dug into his skin as he did so. He grabbed a cushion to hold over his chest, a blush of embarrassment creeping up his face as he felt the breeze of one of the fans brush against his torso. Before, it was easy to ignore his exposed state because everyone who saw him was either fawning or swooning over it. He was too busy performing to think too hard about it. But for some reason, having Callum's judgemental eyes and amused smirk around made him suddenly acutely aware of the holes in his chest plate and the pale skin creeping out underneath.

Pandora didn't have the same problem, and she flopped onto the adjacent couch with much less decency. "Are you gonna finally train us now?" She muttered into the cushion, although her lacklustre demeanour had Callum rolling his eyes in annoyance.

"I don't particularly think you two deserve it, but I am feeling very generous all of a sudden." He told them both, sitting down on the coffee table in front of them. Although, little did they know, he'd actually been watching the parade with rapt attention on the big screen next to them. Quiver, Theatric, and Velvet all seemed to know it too—considering they were all too familiar with his callous masquerade after years of working alongside each other—and they each gave him an exasperated look.

Callum promptly ignored them.

"Alright, let's talk strategy. Would you rather we do this together, or separately? I suggest together but to each their own."