Chapter 4 The bridge

TW: Violence

We leave the park and get in the truck. I look at the time "Luke! We gotta go to the bus, it'll be here in 5 minutes!" I exclaim. Luke just gets into the truck and laughs "Why are you laughing!? I'm going to be late to school!" I ask confused as to why he is laughing which of course just made him laugh even more. After about 30 seconds of listening to Luke laugh He says "Maddie, I'm taking you to school today." Luke tells me, still slightly laughing. I start laughing too. "Well you could've told me that and not made me stress out about it!" I say through chokes of laughter. "Well I could've but then it wouldn't have been that funny" Luke replies now getting himself together.

We pull up to the school. I grab my bag and start to get out of the truck when Luke tugs on my sweatshirt forcing me to stop what I'm doing,"Just please no more fights today, unless it's John and those guys again then I give you permission to kick their asses." Luke informs me as he lets go of my shirt and I just out of the truck I nod and do the symbol for okay with my hand so he can see that I was listening then I walk into school and head to my locker when I get a text from my mom saying she won't be back till Friday well Friday is tomorrow so I guess it's not to bad I text back an okay then put my phone back into my pocket. I get to my locker and as soon as I open it someone slams it shut again revealing that it is Mindy McMahon. "What do you want?" I ask her with an annoyed tone "You don't talk to me like that!" she says like the spoiled brat she is as she walks in front of my locker so I can't open it "I can talk to you however I want to talk to you because you're not the boss of me now get out of my way." I tell her,making her say what she always does, "Well my dad's the principal of the school and he can get you expelled." she tells me "Okay, you act like I would care if I got expelled and even if he does have the power to do it he can't unless I've broken multiple school rules multiple times and being mean to his bitch of a daughter isn't in the rules." I spat back making her scoff and walk away with her little bitch parade following behind her.

Luke was just about to pull into the parking garage when he gets a call on his phone from John he hesitates but answers it. "John, what the hell do you want?" Luke asks with a pissed off tone, "Whoa there pal take it easy I just wanna talk to ya meet me at the bridge in 10 minutes." John states and hangs up. "Shit" Mumbles Luke and pulls out of the parking garage and drives off to the bridge. 

About 10 minutes later Luke arrives at the bridge as he gets out of his truck he sees John and Chris but also some of the people that he used to work alongside with John and Chris. "I thought it was just you and I." Luke says as he walks towards the group of men with a stone cold expression on his face. "I thought I would surprise you with some more of your old buddies Luke, you know reminisce on the past a bit." John says walking forward with the rest of the group, "I left the past behind me for a reason." Luke states to the group so they know that he wants no part in whatever they're going to do. "Oh come on Luke, ya damn near did what you used to do last night in the parking lot, hell you almost killed Chris, but that's what ya do Luke, ya kill people." John says getting right up in Luke's face then backing off. Luke stepped forward then got right in John's face, "Not anymore." Luke stated as he walked away from the group and back towards his truck. "Oh come on Luke, you're just going to be a coward and walk away!" John yells at Luke then John turns to the rest of the boys "I can't believe it Luke Tara has gone soft, That little school girl turned him soft!" John said just loud enough so that Luke heard him. Luke sighs and walks towards the group of men. "You mention her again and I'll personally pay you a visit and show you how soft I've gotten after I blow your brains out with a bullet." Luke threatens through gritted teeth. "Oh I'm so scared." says Adam sarcastically, another guy Luke used to work with. Luke elbowed Adam in the head then twisted his neck making Adam pass out and fall to the ground. "Anyone else wanna know how soft I've gotten since you all seemed to be obsessed with that idea?" Luke asks with a threatening tone as Charlie, another person Luke used to work with came up and punched him hard in the jaw. Luke's head snaps to the side and he touches his jaw then looks back at Charlie with a death look one second and the next Luke punches him even harder in the face making his nose bleed and probably breaking his jaw knocking Charlie out next to Adam. "Anyone else?" Luke asks as he wipes the blood off of his now busted lip. Just then James another guy Luke used to work with went to kick him in the face but Luke caught his leg before it connected with his face and used James's leg to knock James out, then Chris came and punched Luke in the stomach causing Luke to fall to the ground then kicking Chris in the head repeatedly while John comes up behind Luke and puts him in a choke hold Luke stands up and kicks Chris right in the back of the head causing him to fall over, then elbowing John in the stomach getting free from the choke hold then tackling John to the ground then punching him over and over again till he has a broken Jaw and a bloody lip and nose. Luke then walks away "Assholes" Luke says as he gets back into his truck and driving back to the complex. 

1,093 words