Chapter 11 Standing Alone

Luke was taken to a different location than me. When he woke up he was sore, bloody and tied to a chair. "Well hello there." John said to Luke in a mocking tone, "Where's Maddie!?" Luke demanded as soon as he regained consciousness. "My my, impatient ain't ya Luke." John said back, "Where's Maddie!?" Luke demanded again. "Calm down Luke, your little friend is fine, or she should be for the most part." John said as he put a water bottle next to Luke. "What did you do to her!?" Luke asked, pissed off. "I didn't do anything, now I don't know what her father did to her but I'm sure she's alright, you wanna talk to her?" John asked with a mocking tone. "What do you think ya, Jackass." Luke spat back "You're not gonna talk to her right now but maybe later, if she's still alive." John said leaving the room. "asshole." Luke mumbled under his breath.

I was sitting on the couch waiting for Daniel to come back when I heard a strange noise coming from the kitchen. I slowly got up to go to the kitchen when I felt someone grab my shoulders and pull me back so I was sitting on the couch again. I turned around to see Daniel behind me with an angry expression on his face. "I told you to stay on the couch didn't I? You don't listen very well do you, Maddie?" Daniel said as he sat down on the glass coffee table that was in front of me. I just sat there and said nothing. "I asked you a question Maddie, I expect an answer." Daniel said as he took a sip of his drink. "I can listen when I want to." I responded trying to sound confident but he saw right through it. "Trying to sound confident are we? Well your confidence is clearly weak. Do I scare you Maddie, is that why you don't talk to me?" Daniel asked as he now sat next to me on the couch. "No you don't scare me." I told him but he clearly knew that was a lie. "Why are you lying to me Maddie? Don't you know you should never lie to your parents, or did your mother and Luke tell you otherwise." He asked, looking at me. "Mom told me that if you ever come around to run and not talk to you." I responded, telling him what Mom always told me. "And Luke?" He asked, then took a sip of his drink. "He said the same." I told him. He sighed, "Well don't you listen to either of them, they're both lying, I care about you Maddie. And well your mom she never really liked me but we had an arranged marriage, and you were never supposed to happen, we were supposed to get a divorce but both our parents kept wanting us to have kids, so we adopted you when you were a baby. That's why you don't look like me or your mom, it's also why I don't think your mother actually cares about you because judging by your face it looks like she never told you the real truth." He told me then took a sip of his drink. "I figured that I was adopted." I retorted back. "What do you mean?" he asked with curiosity in his voice. "Well I don't really look like mom and she's shown me pictures of you before and I don't really look or act like you either so I kinda put two and two together." I responded, making him stare off into the distance nodding his head a bit. "Oh and about Luke telling you to stay away from me well you know by now, Luke's just a son of a bitch, and he's trying to get you to turn against me, which I don't think that's gonna happen now is it?" he responded looking back at me with a slight smirk on his face. "Yeah it kinda is." I spat back. He stood up on his feet. "Why do you hate me Maddie? I was trying to protect you. What don't you get about that?" He said slightly yelling. "It's not that I don't believe you, it's that fact that the one thing you do after all these years is cut my arm, force me to stab my friend and then basically kidnap me and bring me to wherever the hell I am!" I told him, making him nod his head again then look back at me. "Look Maddie I'm sorry about all of that, and believe me I didn't want meeting you to happen like this but, i can't control how things happen." He told me and started to walk out of the room. "You could've controlled yourself from cutting my arm and making me stab Luke." I shouted loud enough for him to hear me. He stopped in his tracks and looked back at me. "I'm sorry." he said then turned back around and walked out of the room. Leaving me alone in the room again, alone with all of my thoughts, like if Luke is okay, or where he is. If mom's okay.

About an hour later Daniel came back into the room with Chris. "Maddie, I need to go attend something so Chris here is going to be watching you until I get back okay." He stated as Chris came and sat next to me. "Okay." I said back. "Here are the rules, one you are not to leave this house, 2 don't leave this room unless you have to go to the bathroom or to eat something, 3 all doors and windows will be locked at all times, and 4 you do not go anywhere without Chris. Understand?" Daniel said. I just nodded my head. He sighed and left, leaving me alone with Chris. 

Luke was sitting in the same chair still tied up when Daniel walked into the room with James and John behind him carrying a big bucket of water. "Hello Luke." Daniel said, walking closer to Luke. "Daniel." Luke said back with an annoyed tone. "Well you seem happy to see me." Daniel said sarcastically. "Where's Maddie." Luke said demandingly looking at Daniel. "He's been asking that ever since he got here." John chimed in. Daniel chuckled a bit then looked at Luke who was giving him a death stare. "Maddie is with me and she's fine for the most part, now let's get started shall we." Daniel said, turning back to James and John, who set the bucket down at Luke's feet. "This is gonna be fun." Daniel said before heading behind Luke. 

1,115 Words