Chapter 15 No turning back

TW: Violence 

I just watched as Charlie sat down next to me. Adam then also walked around the bench and sat on the other side of me. I put both my hands in my sweatshirt pocket ready to grab the knife and run at any moment. "You know you were never really gonna get away right?" Adam asks with a teasing tone of voice. I just sat there and said nothing. "Oh come on, you don't wanna talk anymore." Charlie says. Once again I said nothing and I just stared out at the star filled sky. "Well she'll only talk to Luke or Daniel, or How about Annie!?" Adam says to Charlie acting like I'm not there. "Yeah I guess so, how about we go pay Annie a visit she's just across the street." Charlie responds with a mocking tone of voice. "NO!" I yelled as I quickly stood up from the bench and started running away as fast as I possibly could at this point. I could hear Charlie and Adam chasing after me. As I was running through the park I tripped on a fallen tree branch. "Shit!" I yelled as I hit the ground hard. I saw Charlie and Adam standing over me. I sat back up and they were walking towards me. I backed up as far as I could until I hit a tree trunk. Charlie then crouched down next to me as I pulled my legs up to my chest. "No more running Maddie." Charlie stated with a smirk on his face. He then stood up and offered his hand to me and I grabbed it with a growing smirk on my face.

Luke was snapped out of his sad memory when he got kicked in the stomach by Daniel. "Oh did you have a flashback Luke!?" Daniel says with a sarcastic tone of voice. "You don't know how it really feels to lose the only people you even loved." Luke responds coming back from his dazed state. "You know what you're right Luke, I don't know how it feels to lose those you love and care about because I don't love anybody and I don't care about anyone, not anymore. Not after you took our jobs from us. Daniel said back. Luke stood back up to his feet as he then felt someone put their arm around his shoulders. Luke turners his head and sees that Daniel was the one whose arm was around his shoulders. "Come on Luke, let's go for a walk." Daniels says then guides Luke out the door. As they walk out of the lobby Luke looks to his right to see that John isn't that far behind them. They walk out to the street and Daniel turns to Luke. "I told Maddie that we needed to get rid of her mother, so you, me, and John are gonna go pay her a visit before they bring Maddie there." Daniel says walking off as John pushes Luke forward to make sure that he is with them. "Wait, wait, wait, what do you mean before Maddie gets there!?" Luke exclaims. "Oh Luke you didn't actually expect Maddie to get away did you?" Daniel responds. "Just because she ran away doesn't mean we can't find her. We have eyes everywhere Luke." John chimes in. "Now come on, we don't have time to waste." Daniel says sternly.  

When I am back on my feet there is a smirk on my face. I take the hand that was in my pocket out, taking the knife with me. I take the knife and I stab Charlie in the leg with it then I take it out. He grunts out in pain and falls to the ground holding his leg. Adam then comes running towards me but I hold up the knife right in front of me and it stabs him in the chest. Adam falls to the ground motionless. "Holy shit, I killed him." I whisper to myself then I run away from the park when I see Daniel, John, and Luke walking down the street towards the complex. I think I can beat them there so I run as fast as I can across the street being careful not to be seen and not to get hit by a car again. I see them go in through the front of the complex so I go in through the back and as soon as I get to the stairs I start running towards my apartment. I get to the door and it's locked and I lost my key. I start banging on the door with my fist. "Who is it?" Mom calls. "It's me Mom, it's Maddie!" I say back. She comes to the door and unlocks it then pulls me into a hug. "Where the hell were you? I was worried?" Mom said then pulled me into the apartment. "What happened to your face?" She asks. "I don't have time to explain it right now Mom, but we have to go now!" I say then try to pull her out of the apartment. "Maddie what the hell is going on?" She asked. Just then the door to the apartment flings open and Daniel, John and Luke walk in. "I can tell you what's going on." Daniel says with a smirk on his face. "Daniel! I thought I said that I never wanted to see you again and you said the same, why the hell are you here!" Mom exclaimed, pissed off. "I know what I said Annie, believe me, but can't I just come to see you and Maddie once and a while?" Daniel said but everyone knew that he was lying. "No Daniel, you can't just show up here unannounced to see us, you left us and that's final!" Mom spat back. "Annie, will you just listen to me please and I will explain everything to you okay?" Daniel asks. "Fine, you have 30 seconds." Mom responds. "Okay well Luke used to work with me and we all lost our jobs because of him so we wanted to get our revenge and we also kidnapped Maddie because we knew that it would kill you and Luke to know that she was missing, so after all of that we came here to kill you Annie." Daniel says then starts walking towards us. 

1,058