Chapter 7 Damn it

TW: Violence 

About 2 hours later I was still lying on the floor bleeding. I heard something go off in my pocket. It was my phone. I completely forgot about it. I reached into my pocket and saw that it was my mom calling, I knew I shouldn't answer it but I did. "Hey mom." I said as casually as possible "Hi honey, how's it going with Luke?" she asked me "it's going okay, just the homework today is hard." I lied. I don't want her to worry "oh I'm sorry to hear that honey - Just a minute Janice- I have to go now honey, just keep trying with the homework and if you don't get 100 that's okay. Love you." she said hurriedly "I love you too mom." I said and then she hung up. I got an idea I would call Luke and tell him where I am. I pick up my phone and dial Luke's number, I hear it ringing. He answered. "Maddie!?" Luke says excited but also skeptical if it's really me. "Hi Luke." I say, "Oh Maddie, Thank God you're alright, wait you are okay right!?" Luke asks "Yeah Luke I'm okay for the most part." I tell him "Maddie, please don't lie I saw the video, I'm so sorry for bringing you into this, it's my fault." Luke says mad at himself. "No Luke it's not your fault okay!?, you didn't know this was going to happen, okay, so it's not your fault it's John and those guy's fault they're the ones doing this not you. It's not your fault Luke, trust me I don't blame you for any of it." I tell him in hopes that he will realize that none of this is his fault. "Alright Maddie, I want you to listen to me very carefully." Luke says "Okay." I respond "I want you to go see where everyone else is okay!?" Luke says "Okay." I respond as I get up, taking the phone with me to see where they are then I turn the door knob and it is unlocked. I walked out the door to see all five of the men back here, they were all talking about something. "They're talking about something." I tell Luke, whispering. "Okay good, now Maddie I want you to tell me where you are and I'm gonna try and find you." Luke says getting into his truck, "I'm not a hundred percent sure where I am, but I think I'm in like an old abandoned house or building." I told him. "Okay Maddie that's good, do you hear any street noise like cars or other people talking?" He asked me "um, Kinda but not really maybe a little." I responded not sure "Okay Maddie what color is the building." Luke asked me "Gray and white for the most part, it's made of brick and other stones too." I say walking back into the room I was supposed to be in so I don't get caught. "DAMN IT!" Luke yells but I can hear him through the phone "What!? Luke, what's wrong!?" I ask scared, "When I used to work with them, that is the house we would bring the people we caught and we would interrogate them then kill them, and I'm not proud of what I did but Maddie you have to understand that I don't do that anymore okay? And I would never hurt you." Luke tells me hoping I understand "I know you wouldn't hurt me Luke because you never have before." I tell him trying to make him feel better but I gasp when I hear someone walking towards my room. "Maddie!? What happened!?" Luke asks worriedly, "Someones coming, I'm sorry Luke, I have to go." I tell him as I'm about to hang up "Okay, alright just call me as soon as they leave okay? And hide your phone." Luke tells me "Okay." I say quickly then hang up and hide the phone under the mattress that's on the floor. 

Luke starts driving toward where the house is as fast as he can but being careful so he doesn't get pulled over again. I will take him about one hour or so to get to the house so Luke is trying to get there fast so no one suspects him but he still has to get the money but he's going to try and get Maddie without the money first and if that doesn't work then he may have no other choice than to get the money. "Where the hell am I gonna get $10,000 dollars!?" Luke asks himself on the drive to the house.

I hid the phone under the mattress just then John walked in "hey Maddie, wanna go for a walk?" he asked me in a somewhat ominous voice. I just sat there and stared at him. And said nothing. "Not much of a talker now are ya kid, you were when Luke was on the phone weren't ya." I just stare again, my expression dropping as soon as I see John reaching under the mattress only to pull out my phone. "What do we have here?" John says as he looks at the phone then me. "Get up!" He says angry as he grabs my arm and pulls me up to my feet dragging me out of the room and back outside where I was earlier. "We leave her alone for 2 and a half hours and she calls Luke!" John says in sarcastic disbelief. "What do ya have to say for yourself huh Maddie!?" John asks, turning to me still with a firm grip on my arm. "I'm sorry." I say almost a whisper. "Oh you're sorry?" John then turns back to the other men or as I like to call them boys because they are very immature. "You hear that boys, she's sorry, well if she's sorry we should forgive her right?" John asks sarcastically then turning back to me. "Sorrys not good enough, get over here." John demands as he pulls me towards the rest of the boys. He lets go of me as Charlie and James grab a hold of both of my arms. "This is what happens when you talk to Luke without our permission." John says as I feel his knee connect with my head. Then I get punched in the stomach and punched in the face. I doubled over in pain but with James and Charlie holding me up it didn't work. John kept beating on me till I started coughing up blood and soon after that I got dragged back into my room.

1,106 words