Chapter 13 Back together

TW: Violence 

I nodded my head slightly. Luke then nods his head toward me then turns around and crept into the kitchen behind Chris. I moved slightly on the couch so I could try and see Luke and Chris, when I moved Chris saw me and looked at me. "Hey, what do you think you're doing!Get back to where you were and I'll be there in a second." Chris scolded me and I moved back to the spot I was at originally. I watched as Luke slowly crept farther into the kitchen.

Luke grabs a knife from the knife block and walks up behind Chris. Just then Chris turns around and is met with a pissed off Luke Tara. "Hi!" says Luke then stabs Chris in the stomach with the knife, just then the front door busts open and I look over to see Daniel and John walking towards me with blood on their faces. Luke looks at me for a moment, "MADDIE RUN!" Luke exclaimed. I got up off the couch and ran towards the front door as fast as I could but my leg still hurt really bad. John was keeping me from the front door then Daniel started running at me. I started to run the opposite way of him. I found a door. I tried to open it but it was locked. I turned around and was faced with Daniel and John was right behind him. I tried to run away but just as I thought I got away from them I felt someone grab me and pull me into their chest. I looked up to see it was Luke. He smiled down at me and I put my arms around him and hugged him back. When Daniel and John got to us Luke put me at his side with his arm still around me so I was farther away from them while my arms were still around his waist. "Give her back Luke." John said. "You know what, no! I don't think I will." Luke replied, holding me close. "Maddie sweetheart, come here." Daniel said to me and Luke looked down at me. I looked back up at him "I don't wanna go with them." I said and shook my head no. "You heard her guys she doesn't wanna go with you, so beat it." Luke says but they just ignored him. "Maddie, come with me right now or you and Luke are gonna get hurt." Daniel said to me and I looked back up at Luke and started to walk away from him but Luke just held me tighter and looked at me. "Maddie what are you doing?" Luke asked me softly. I looked back at Daniel and John and they seemed to be having a conversation of their own but then I quickly looked back at Luke. "I don't want them to hurt you!" I said back. Luke sighed and grabbed my shoulders gently, "Maddie They're not gonna hurt you or me, I have a plan. Your gonna walk over to them and when I say go you run as fast as you can into the kitchen and you're gonna grab a knife then you're gonna run out that door and you're not gonna stop running okay, don't stop runi-" Luke whispered before I cut him off, "How are you gonna find me!?" I exclaimed. "I'll find you, I always do." Luke said with a slight smile then continued, "Just keep running." He told me. I nodded my head slightly and then looked at his arm. He still had the knife I stabbed him with in his arm. He must've seen me looking at it because he grabbed my chin gently making me look back at him. "I'm okay Maddie, just a scratch." He said with a smile on his face. "Maddie just come over here and no one gets hurt." Daniel exclaimed. Following the plan I walk towards him slowly. "That's it, good girl." Daniel said, and once again I cringed at the nicknames. I heard a grunt from behind me then, "GO!" I heard Luke say and I turned around and ran as fast as I could into the kitchen. When I went into the kitchen I saw Chris laying there in a pool of his own blood. I grabbed a knife and then ran out the door and I just kept running as Luke told me. I ran down all the stairs then down to the lobby and ran out and I just kept running on the sidewalks and I didn't stop for anyone or anything.

"You wanna get to her, you gotta go through me first." Luke said after he saw me run out of the penthouse. Luke had ripped out the knife that was in his arm and was now using it to fight off John and Daniel. John ran up to Luke punching him in the face then Luke took the knife and stabbed John in the stomach causing him to double over and hold the stab wound that was now in his stomach. Daniel then charged forward towards Luke with his pistol in his hand. Luke switched his attention to Daniel and started to punch him repeatedly and stabbed him in the leg with his own knife. Then Luke grabbed Daniels arm and elbowed him in the back of his elbow over and over again causing him to drop the gun onto the floor. Daniel grunted and shoved Luke into a wall and grabbed the knife out of his leg and held it to Luke's throat. "You Luke, have been a pain in my ass ever since you moved into that complex, well the funs over Luke, you're really gonna wish that you never crossed paths with my daughter in the first place!" Daniel spat. "First of all Maddie isn't even your real daughter and you know that and so does she! And after everything you did to her and everything you put her and Annie through over the years, you don't deserve to be called a father, you don't deserve her as your daughter, and you don't deserve Annie as your wife!" Luke said back, earning him a punch to the face from Daniel. "You don't get to tell me what or who I deserve because you don't deserve Maddie either!" Daniel says back "I never said I did! But at least I'd never hurt her and I never will! And she can count on that! But YOU, her own so-called father hasn't been there for her or Annie and you cut her with a knife, you kidnapped her and brought her here and you made her do things that she never wanted to do!and to top it all off you never cared about either of them!" Luke started making Daniel draw a thin line of blood across his throat. "That's Bullshit!" Daniel exclaims and lets go of Luke and drops the knife on the ground. "You know what you're right Luke I don't really care what happens to Maddie or Annie. All I care about is that you're dead!" Daniel said, lunging at Luke. 

1,188 words