ℒ𝒶𝓈𝓉 𝓃𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉 1

I stare at the clock that is above all the girls bed's waiting for the larger hand to hit three. As soon as it does I slip out of my bed and lace up my leather boots all while being careful not to wake anyone up while exiting the cramped room full of girls.

I close the door lightly behind me before beelining down the stairs and out the back gate of the foster home.

I continue past the gate into the forest just behind the foster home. Tonight is bodhis last night here before he leaves for the riders quadrant.

So we decided that me and bodhi would meet at our tree as well as Liam a boy who got switched to our foster home not to long ago due to his overfilling with other marked ones we all bonded quickly and decided that a goodbye sort of party would be good for all of us.

Before I know it I'm enveloped in a pair of arms that are lifting me of the ground that I instantly recognise as bodhis. I laugh and he sets me back on my feet. Before caressing my cheek in his hand which I lean into.

"We are just waiting on Liam" he says softly dropping his hand back to his side.

I nod before going past him to sit at the bottom of our willow tree and he comes to join me.

"We can still run away you know" he says as I lay my head on his shoulder.

I sigh "You know I want too" I say barely above a whisper because I'm worried if I speak any louder I will burst into tears.

"I need to tell you something import-" but he is cutoff when Liam comes out of know where making me shriek.

"Shit Liam!" I yell but I can't help let a giggle slip out.

Bohdi rolls his eyes at Liam before helping me off the ground "hey man" Liam gives him a small nod before we all climb up the tree I go first and make it to the eighth branch one that fits all of us unlike the fifth one that only fits me and Bohdi.

Liam comes up and sits next the me then Bohdi sits on the other side of me.
"You know I love you both right?" Bodhi asks after about five minutes of us staring up at the silver moon.

I nod softly "I love you" I say "I love you both" i say as a few tears fall from my eyes and run down my freckled cheeks.

"This is all so fucked up..." Liam says looking at the moon.

"It is" Bohdi agrees and I swear a singular tear runs down his cheek. We all scoot closer to each other and lean against each other trying to savour what could be our last moments together.

"It's almost five" bohdi says lacing his fingers with mine. We all need to be back inside by five that's when the wagons come to collect us.

We all silently make our way down the old tree.

Bohdi stops at the bottom and pulls me and Liam into a hug. A hug that I never want to end but Liam is the first to pull away and then Bohdi does too Liam looks from me to bohdi "dam it" Liam says while chuckling softly as a few tear escape his bright blue eyes. I chuckle as-well and bohdi shakes his head at us still smiling.

"If anything happens to me" bohdi says handing us a small envelope each "read them-but only if something happens" he say emphasising on the only I nod so does Liam but then the bell chimes signalling that it's time to get up we all walk inside and go to our rooms.

As soon as I'm out of sight I sprint towards my shared room and push through all the girls waking up to get to my already packed rucksack and I grab my mothers leathers in my other hand and race down the hall to the washrooms where I swiftly change into my leathers and lace up my mothers old boots that got her across the parapet they go up my calves and end just under my knees.

I then braid my waist long mousy blonde hair so it runs down my back i then do a once over of myself in the mirror then carefully sneak out the front door and I head to the waiting line for the wagons I pull my coat out of my rucksack and slip the hood over my head and keep my head down while trying to find bohdi so I don't bump into him before I make it across the parapet because he would go into full on big brother mode and probably throw me back into my room if he knew what I was doing right now.

I find bohdi and luckily for me he is on the very first wagon that has already started to leave I let out a sigh in relief and let the hood slide off but that quickly vanishes as soon as a hear my name "Alora?!" I slowly turn to look behind me to see a red faced Liam storming towards me.

"What the hell are you doing..." his eyes scan over me "and with a rucksack and in leathers" he looks at me as if I've grown another arm.

"Going to the riders quadrant" I say proudly straightening my shoulders as if it will make my five one self seem any bigger compared to Liam.

He shakes his head at me "you still have a year left" he practically yells at me making a few heads turn our way I've be seen him get so angry Liam is a pretty laid back guy.

"But bohdi doesn't - I will not let one of my best friends go into that death sentence of a college alone" I say glaring at Liam i may love him but that does not mean I will let him stop me from doing this.

He sighs and shakes his head " fine but wait here I'll be back" he says as he jogs off and back into the foster home and about four minutes later he comes back with his rucksack and clothes that are better fit for the parapet.

"If you go I go" he says taking my hand in his and pulling me into the last wagon with four other people.

"Liam you don't have to do this" I say but it's to late the wagon has already started moving.

" to late" he says before taking my hand in his again. "Get some sleep we have a long way to go.." he says and I nod sleep overtaking my senses.

A/N

Hii thanks so much for reading the second chapter of cutthroat and I hope that you enjoyed it

Also plot twist Liam and Alora are going
I know that Liam and bohdi aren't in the same year in the book but I will also be making changes like this through out the rest of the book.

XXX

Pretty girl

-1201