𝒞𝒽𝒶𝒾𝓇 7

I blink a couple times as I try to adjust to the lighting. Where the hell am I?

I try to sit up but I eminently fall back down into the bed it hurts to much to keeps my self up.

"Careful Alora" I hear someone say from next to me I look to the side.

"What are you doing here xaden" I ask I would have been happier if it was anyone else.

"That's no way to thank the person who carried you all the way here and saved your life" Im instantly reminded of falling from the chimney and xadens shadows caching me.

"Whatever—how long was I asleep?" I ask trying to ignore the fact that he saved me once again.

"About four days" he says as he hands me a glass of water from the bedside table.

"But that leaves barely any time to practice for the gauntlet" I say worry lacing my voice.

"I don't think you need it. I thought that with how fast you were going you'd be able to beat bodhi and Liam the only thing you need to figure out is how to get up the chimney and not fall." He Says as if it's the easiest thing ever.

"Can I leave?" He nods and heads for the curtain that surrounds the bed Im on.

"I'll get the nurse" he leaves before I get the chance to reply.

I look around the small makeshift room the walls created by the curtains there's a chair of to the side of my bed where a blanket and small pillow sit. As wells as a  black backpack that is leant up against the chair.

Now that I think about it xaden did look very tired. He wouldn't have stayed by my side—would he? 

"How are you feeling Alora?" The nurse says as she and xaden come back in.

"Everything is still a bit aching I guess but I feel absolutely fine" I say and I put on my best smile I hate this place already and I need to get out of here to figure out how I'm getting up that chimney.

But xaden shakes his head " when she woke up she went to sit up but immediately fell back down she cant even hold her self up" he says and I glare at him.

"Absolutely fine?" The nurse says looking at me sceptically.

I cross my arms slightly wincing at the movement and xaden glares at me now.

The nurse comes up to my side "xaden close the curtains and wait outside please" the nurse says.

"What no why" he says looking confused.

"Unless miss Lennox Martinez is comfortable with you seeing her shirtless step outside" his face goes red slightly that's the first time I've seen him flustered and I'm going to make sure he never forgets.

He stalks out and closes the curtains the nurse the helps me out of my shirt.

She starts to unravel the bandage around my stomach and chest then she applied something sort of medicine that made it burn like hell.

I wince as she applies it all over me then she wraps me in an bandage again so I'm practically a mummie.

She helps me put my shirt back on and peeks her head outside of the curtain telling xaden that he can come back in.

"Now I would rather you stay another day but I've been told that as soon as you wake I have to kick to out so—you need to be extremely careful about what you do your ribs are still healing from the break and your spine is very fragile" she says looking at me with sympathetic eyes.

"And you need to let them heal if you jump right back into sparring and any other physical exercises you will end up back here" she says with a stern face.

"How long will it take for me to fully heal" I ask as I try to get of the bed xaden comes to my side and helps me down.

" it depends but I want you to come back if anything happens" she says as she then leaves the room reopening the curtains.

Xaden leaves my side and he grabs the bag that was leant up against the chair as well as the blanket and pillow my eyes widen as he comes back to my side.

"What?" He asks as he leads me out.

"Did you sleep here?" He looks down at his feet as we walk down the hallway and towards the first year's building.

"Shut up" he says and I grin at him.

"You did!" I say almost yelling it "oh you really do want to get in my pants don't you" I laugh and he shakes his head at me.

"I'm your squad Leader Alora" he says pinning me with a glare.

"Your the one that watched me sleep perv" i say and he just shakes his head at me once again.

We make it to the door that leads in to my shared room "it's almost seven so people should be coming back from dinner now" he says as some laughter came be heard down the hall.

"Don't do anything that will put you back in the infirmary" he says with a smirks at me.

"You know I will" i as walk into the room.

A/N

Hiiii so this is a much shorter chapter then normal so I'm sorry about that but it's really just a filler chapter for what's coming up next.

Also 1k reads?!?!?

Thank you all so much!!!

Anyways byeeee

XXXXX

-pretty girl

-941