ℋ𝒾𝑔𝒽ℯ𝓈𝓉 𝓅ℴ𝒾𝓃𝓉 9

The cold morning air whips my hair into my face as I fail miserably to pull my hair back into a ponytail "I think you might be able to have the fastest time but we need to find a way for you to get up the chimney fast and without using the ropes" xaden says sighing "today".

Today is the gauntlet and I've got no idea how I'm getting up the chimney so I have exactly four hours to figure this out or I die. That's fun—

I stare at the chimney taking in every blood stained brick all the foot holds anything that might be of use.

"Can I bring something with me to help me get up?" Ask xaden he goes to shake his head but stops as if remembering something.

"How many of those daggers crossed parapet with you?" I look at him confused I crossed parapet with five daggers one from my mother as a gift one I got from sparing with Liam back at our foster home same with the other three just from different people.

"Five" I say sceptically and he nods looking back at the chimney.

"I know how your getting up there"

I try my best to focus on how many times I have done this how many times I have done this in the dark but I'm trying to make myself feel better about something that doesn't scare me. I should be scared see how Haylin's squad is now only half of what it once was and how we have lost two already.

As I go over the course in my head it hits me that I never got a chance to practice the ramp the very very steep ramp that a boy from haylin's squad broke his neck on the one haylin's brother kicked him off the side of the cliff that the gauntlet sits on.

He's messed up in the head I recall haylin saying he got dropped to many times as a baby.

Two people stand infront of me now after seeing countless techniques I best way to get up the ramp seems to be to run as fast as you can then jump as high as you can to pull yourself to the top easy enough right? 

Before I know it the girl who once stood infront of me is now plummeting to her death. I take in a deep breath averting my eyes and focusing on the spinning log infront of me.

"Go!" It rings through my ears and my body is moving on its own I bolt across the log then on I jump from one Wooden platform to the next just as quickly I gain my balance on the hamster wheel before taking the first opening and I jump of rolling onto the ground

I waste no time before my feet lift off the ground and I plant my feet on the first stone ball I hold onto the metal chain as I use as much momentum as I can and jump to the next just before then collide just as I've done countless times I do this to more times before I'm sprinting towards the hanging wooden beams I wipe my Palme on my thighs

before I jump up to grab onto the first beam swinging my body to get to the next until I'm level with the stone Piller's I let go of the beam and land somehow perfectly on the stone pillar and jump to the others using what I've learnt and not jumping with to much force so I don't topple over the edge.

I run up the wooden logs that are attached to the side of the cliff my ankle almost getting caught between two but I'm fast enough to pull it up before it does.
Now I forget looking up at the chimney and I unsheathe a dagger one that crossed parapet with me before going to the very edge of the cliff to get the most momentum too help me up the chimney.

I run as fast as I can up the chimney and just before I lose my footing I stab my dagger into the a crack between the bricks using my other hand I unsheathed another dagger forcing it into another crack as I find a foot hold as soon as I do I'm I go as fast as I can continuing the same pattern over and over dagger foot dagger foot.

I quickly reach the top throwing my self onto the packed earth that seems very very comfortable right now but I push myself to my feet.

I run up the ramp daggers still in hands the shove them into to hard pavement this time there's no foot holds so I'm relying completely on my daggers the top is so close it only takes me stabbing my daggers into the pavement three more times before I throw my self over and to the top with so much force I would have fallen backwards if it wasn't for bodhi who caught me just in time.

Murmurs begin to become louder asking if what I did with my daggers is allowed before haymitch steps forward "she cheated she can't use her daggers that's not allowed" he says glaring at me but haylin step infront of me blocking me from his view while scowling at him.

"It is allowed whatever a cadet carries across parapet become apart of their person and there fore and be brought and used for the gauntlet" i say stepping out from behind haylin.

Haymitch laughs "yeah right" he says turning to the squad leaders and wing leaders.

Waiting for them to agree with him.
"The girls got you there" Garrick say from next to xaden who's eyes are trained on mine when his gaze meets mine he smirks then nods.

The rest of the squad leaders and wing leaders all agree with Garrick then read out the scores starting from lowest to highest out of the two squads so far since we were the first.

Once we far to the top five I still haven't heard my name yet so it's safe to say I'm proud of wherever I landed i also haven't heard Haylin Liam or Bohdi's name yet.

"Fifth Haylin Gillian" Haylin is beaming when she pulls me in for a hug so tight she might break my ribs.

"Fourth Marlo Laurie" claps cheers come from a group of boys who are all patting Marlo on the back who's grinning.

"Third Liam Mairi second Bodhi Durran"
Bodhi laughs and liam scowls at him but I can see the smile creeping up on his face.

"And first Alora Lennox Martinezi!" I can't help but grin so big that me cheeks hurt. Me liam and bodhi all join in for a group hug before I'm being hauled up on bodhis shoulders.

My eyes scan over everyone I grin plastered on my face. My eyes lock with a familiar dark brown pair xaden who is smiling at me then mouths your welcome I roll my eyes at him.

A/N

Hi!!!!!!
First of all 2k reads!?!??!!? I love you all so so so much I wan tot say thank you to all of you who vote and comment and who have read this story. It really means so much to me that people are enjoying my writing.

Also I know that Alora getting first place is a bit like full on over the top main character whatever but I really just wanted to show that Alora dose not give up until she's reached the very top.

Also who's excited for threshing???!!

Anyways love you alll

-XXXXXXOXOX

-pretty girl

-1286