11 ENDED, AGAIN

11. ENDED, AGAIN

*⋆。˚𖦹࣪˖ ִֶָ⋆。°✩

AFTER

that win, you went back to your room, now a little more calm than you were before. You lay down on your nice, fluffy bed and looked up at the ceiling. You stared blankly for a few moments, before you pulled out your notebook and pen, and tapped it against your cheek. 

You flip back a few pages, all the way back to the page where everyone's talents are listed. The first thing you do is scribble out Kuon's name and put an angry face next to his now illegible handwriting. You then go down to Chigiri's pretty handwriting, and there, you write next to it,

Incredible speed.

A satisfied smile stretches across your lips, and you snap your notebook shut, sliding it onto your desk before leaning back against your headrest. Today was a good day. You've never felt so connected with these people, until that moment. You were uncaring of the looks—the stares, and everything else.

You finally felt like you were a part of their team. It's not just them, anymore, but it's you too. You feel a wide grin stretch across your lips. This doesn't seem so bad, not as it felt when you first arrived, anyway. You were never the best people person, but you did still want to get along with them at the very least. This was much better than anything you could've ever hoped for.

There is a knock at your door. You tilt your head forward, then slip on a pair of white slippers and jog up to the door, opening it and peeking outside. There, it's Isagi standing there, with the rest of the team standing behind him, doing their own thing—Kunigami and Chigiri talking casually, Iemon and Imamura taking jabs at Igaguri, Raichi about to attack Bachira, and Gagamaru having Naruhaya in a chokehold—normal behaviour.

Isagi looks at you, and you make eye contact with him. He gives you a sweet smile, "Hey [name]. We were just gonna get some food and thought you might wanna come along."

Your heart fills with a sense of warmth at the prospect of them wanting you around. They want you around them, and not just because you're their manager, but because you're their friend. This was so moving it almost brought you to tears. You nod almost immediately, grabbing your phone from your table and rushing off with Isagi by your side.

You walk with them, watching in confusion at how some of them slumped their back so much. Raichi in particular, his posture is terrible, you think, then feel laughter bubble out of your lips.

Iemon, who is leading the group, says, "The final match of the selection is against Team V. The only team in building 5 who hasn't lost a match yet."

Raichi grumbles, the same irritated expression on his face as always, "Who cares who our next opponent is gonna be? All we've gotta do is win."