75 A SINKINGLY COLD STARE

75. A SINKINGLY COLD STARE

note: nobody speak to me bc no one gets kunigami like i do its not even funny.... he licherally is the most misunderstood pookie alive PLEASE no fanfics give him a chance bc he's a bitch now.... ntm on my man

fun fact of the day about bel he was my fav when i started blue lock. obviously that title has been taken by somebody else by the name of yukimiya kenyu now but he's still pretty high up there lolll

˖*⋆。˚𖦹࣪˖ ִֶָ⋆。°✩

MARIELE'S

face is the first thing you see when your eyes blink awake. Your vision is still slightly blurry and you can hardly see the patterns on the ceiling above her—but her face is completely clear. When she sees the inkling of an opening of your lids—she sports her usual coy grin. "Good morning."

It's not a completely unwelcome sight. She's not bad to look at, and you think her smile is very nice. A flush crawls up your neck.

Your lashes brush against your cheek as you close your eyes once more and sigh. She moves herself away so that you can sit up—you do, and also stretch with a heavy yawn. You smile back at her after, "Good morning to you, too."

You glance toward the large clock in the room. "It's rather late."

She snorts. "Well, you went to bed rather late, hm?"

Your heart bumps pitifully in your chest at the memory and you look away, as if it'll do anything to cover your face. "... You're as coy as always, Mariele."

She looks pleased. "Thank you, [name]. Coming from you—that means a lot." She giggles at your expression. You don't you've ever seen her so happy. "Do you remember what's scheduled for today?"

Your mind comes up with a blank after a few awkward seconds of thought. You did go to sleep pretty late last night. "... No, sorry. Do you think you can tell me while we get ready?" You say, after seeing the bird's nest that is her hair—stark evidence of her waking up not too long ago, either.

She smiles—glowing and radiant like a star—"Of course. I'll relay everything to you, with perfect clarity."

You laugh. "Surely a talent of yours."

"You know it."

This warm and fuzzy feeling has you all set out and ready for the day—ready to take on whatever challenges you may face, along her side.

˖*⋆。˚𖦹࣪˖ ִֶָ⋆。°✩