74 SWEET DREAMS

74. SWEET DREAMS

˖*⋆。˚𖦹࣪˖ ִֶָ⋆。°✩

YOUR

legs move before your mind does and before you know it, you're bouncing in front of Yukki with glimmering eyes and a wide, joyous grin, "You did it! You scored! That was incredible! Amazing! It was amazing, Yukki! You did it!"

Your friends all surround him and cheer as loud as their voices allow them as well—but his striking amber eyes are solely focused on your own. "... Thank you, [name]." He laughs—a genuine, pretty sound that echoes in your eardrums and makes you blush—"I don't know what I'd do without you."

You pause, eyes squinting upwards as you stare up at him—"Then, you won't have to know."

There is a stark sort of momentary silence before the rambunctious cheers start up once more, and you don't think you've ever appreciated such a sound more.

It is startling when it suddenly halts and Yukimiya walks forward, where Isagi stands wiping his face with his damp shirt. They stare at each other for a few awkward seconds. Then, their voices overlap as they synonymously speak, "Sorry."

They each look equally as surprised to hear the word come out of the other's mouth.

Yukimiya looks conflicted as he speaks up, gaze trained down on the ground and fists clenched beside him, "Isagi... If you hadn't passed to me, I would've been finished... earlier, I said some terrible things... I'm sorry."

"No... I needed your strength on that last play." After a moment of consideration, Isagi shakes his head and stares deeply into Yukimiya's eyes. "To beat Kaiser a playmaker, I simply used you as a tool. Everything was going according to plan, except the end. I didn't expect Reo to come charging in like that. But despite all that, you managed to score a super goal. It's your win, Yukimiya, so I'm the one who should apologise. I'm sorry."

"But... how the hell did you draw up that last play...? I mean, didn't you draw it up so that you could score the winning goal?"

Isagi nods, in confirmation of his words, "Yeah. If Kaiser hadn't gotten in my way, I would have scored. But he saw what I was up to, and efficiently moved to crush my goal. Right now, I can't beat Kaiser in a straight-up duel, but... That's why I had a Plan B: assist to Yukimiya. A trump card only I had envisioned. All to destroy Kaiser... and to show the world that I was by far the best player on the pitch."

Isagi's words are nothing short of egotistical and self-centred. If it were anybody else—they would pass him off as a degenerate jerk—but Yukimiya is not anybody else. He laughs, a smirk crawling up his lips and a playful glint in his eye, "Ha. You're a jerk and a real pain in the ass. You're too clever for your own good, but... without a doubt, you were the Man of the Match, Isagi."