31 MONSTER

31. MONSTER

note: i fucking hate this match. its so long., im literally so bored of it. give me my man GIVE ME MY MAN GIVE ME MY MAN WHERE IS LOKI

if the writing quality drastically decreases its bc. im not enjoying this. at all. plsss s give me my man. the. kids miss you 💔

ON A BETTER NOTE THIS CHAPTER IS DEDICATED TO CLOUDYY POOKUMS!!! THEY DREW THE MANAGERS AND ITS LITERALLY PERFECT. I'LL SHOW IT AT THE END OF THE CHPATER!!!

*⋆。˚𖦹࣪˖ ִֶָ⋆。°✩

THE

whistle blows once again, and the game restarts. With an even score of 3 — 3, it could be anybody's game at this point. Rin runs along the mid-field with the ball, while Chigiri and Nagi have abruptly switched positions. You stare with confusion, brows furrowed and forehead creased, What are they doing?

You have never gone through this formation before—but you have to have faith in them, you think, taking in a deep breath. Chigiri marks Rin, and every other player is completely occupied, except for Bachira. So, Rin sends it over to the bob-cut boy, and Chigiri wastes no time in running over towards Bachira, getting all up in his face to distract him.

Bachira looks around, and you assume he's doing some analytical thinking because straight after, he makes a play to distract Chigiri that works. However, his plan is quickly stopped in motion by Isagi appearing out of nowhere, blocking his route so that there's only a thin slice of space Bachira can maneuver himself into.

All according to plan, apparently, because as soon as the ball moves away from Bachira's foot, Barou comes in, with blazing hunger in his eyes, and steals it as soon as he makes contact with the spherical object. He runs without care for Tokimitsu following after him like a leech—jumping over his attempt at sliding the ball away from his grasp, and only coming to a halt when Rin finally responds, kicking the ball out of bounds as a last resort.

The ball lands near your silver bench, and both you and Komi peek at him. It rolls towards your foot, so, as soon as Chigiri jogs over, you lean down and pick it up from off the ground. You hold it up, and you make eye contact with him for a second. He's positively glowing, you surmise, and you can't help the smile that crosses over your face.

He holds his hands over his head with the ball in play and tosses it over to Isagi. Isagi runs forward, and Rin sprints right next to him. They're in a close, head-to-head play, and they seem so into it that they don't even realise that Bachira rushes right between them. Neither one even spares him a glance, only runs right past like he wasn't even there.