55 SHIDOU RYUSEI

55. SHIDOU RYUSEI

˖*⋆。˚𖦹࣪˖ ִֶָ⋆。°✩

YOUR

brain is completely occupied by mind-numbing thoughts as you step off the bus, sparing a small smile and thanks to the driver before they park and wait for you to come back with your precious cargo (if your precious cargo happened to be an antennaed freak who fights everyone in his vicinity).

Sucking in a deep breath, you step inside the facility where the U-20 players currently reside.

Since you were the first one who went with Shidou (and the only one he bothered to listen to), you were also tasked with bringing him back to Blue Lock. He stayed with the U-20 team for a little bit after the big game, and the day after you and your team's celebration, he needed to come back.

After all, he was still a Blue Locker.

This time, it feels a lot more nerve-wracking than before. At least before, none of them knew who you were. Now, it feels like you've turned into their mortal enemy or something—the tension fills up the room like smoke and suddenly it's hard to breathe.

Your heels click against the floor in an almost comforting motion. It's loud, and it rings through your ears—it gives you enough distraction so you don't have to see the sorrowful faces of the U-20 players. Of course, you feel bad—not bad enough to say anything, but you still retain some menial sense of pity.

You're surprised at this fact too, since spending so much time with Shidou Ryusei, any other normal person would have probably started tearing at their skin to just escape him—let alone keep any of their normal sense.

But you aren't all that normal, are you?

You've known this fact for a while now, but still, thinking about it—it feels so strange. You'd always thought of yourself as the most average a person could possibly be—never anything strange, different, or unique to the crowd. But here, in Blue Lock, everything you knew has been changed. 

Shidou Ryusei just happened to be one of them. Quite possibly the strangest man you have ever had the displeasure of meeting—yet, in a way, you felt like his presence held a strange sense of comfort. Somebody who doesn't care for societal norms or other's expectations—somebody who is always genuine and never lies to make others feel better about themself.

It's refreshing to be around somebody like that. In a strange, twisted way—you feel like you can trust Ryusei. 

Somebody who would never lie, someone who prides themself in their abilities, and somebody who's so genuine with the world and is never afraid to hide who they are—those are what you believe define Shidou.