Chapter-3

Chapter 3:- Critical Condition

Author's POV

The ballroom, once the vibrant setting for the New Year party, now bore witness to a ghastly tableau of death.

Corpses, both human and the enigmatic ladies in red, sprawled lifeless across the floor. It was apparent that the innocent revelers had fallen victim to these mysterious assailants, but a lingering question haunted the room—who had ended the killers?

As Nakul entered the grim scene with his police backup, a palpable fear gripped his heart. The weight of dread intensified as he moved through the room, each lifeless body a testament to the brutality that had unfolded. The accompanying officers joined the somber search for survivors amidst the increasing count of the dead.

Tension thickened the air, and the absence of Agnihotri and his wife fueled Nakul's anxiety. The constables scoured the scene, uncovering phones but little else. The room echoed with a haunting silence, revealing a chilling mystery yet to be unraveled amid the tragedy.

The prime question troubling everyone present in the room was where, if not here, were they? The uncertainty lingered, leaving the fate of their existence hanging in the balance—whether they were alive or dead remained yet to be known.

Author's POV ends here!

Chandran's POV

Feeling of Numbness...

Experiencing death even without dying...

Earlier I thought death is what hurts the most. But watching her lying lifeless was most horrifying nightmare that I was living in reality.

Reality that started like this...

Getting up slowly the first i did was stretching out a bit to ease out the pain while examining my surroundings.

Just dead bodies, scattered body parts and fresh scent of blood filling my nostrils. I wasn't expecting myself to be alive.

I wasn't able to understand who saved me. Maybe Nakul brought backup in time and saved me.

"Apni zindagi ka ek kaam toh sahi se kiya Nakul ne"

(Thank God atleast once he did a single thing correct.)

I spoke to myself but since the hall was empty even my whisper turned into intensified echo.

One thing i wasn't able to digest that since he came here with backup why he still left me here? Idiot Nakul. I scoffed thinking about his stupidity.

Atleast Tara was safe. I smiled and looked for my phone in my pocket and wasn't able to find it.

"Gaya Mera IPhone. What do I do now?"
(I lost my IPhone. What do i do now)

Checking my uniform's pocket I found it. My secret weapon. Strongest of the strongest.

"Mera pyara Nokia 3310. Emergency mein tu hi saath nibhata hai mera. Thank you Nokia."

(My lovely Nokia 3310. During Emergency you always come handy. Thank you Nokia)

Dialing Sitara's number I waited for her to pickup.