Chapter - 01

Two hundred years ago, Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji established Wuji Empire after defeating the cruel Emperor Mo Zhen. They established Wuji Empire to create a peaceful world for people.

Wei Wuxian was none as Yiling Laozu and Lan Wangji none as Hanguang Jun. Lan Wangji was a ger but a powerful warrior. He and Wei Wuxian loved each other. So, after the war, they got married.

Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji ruled the empire together. They would go to the battlefield together to defeat the enemies. When Lan Wangji got pregnant, he stopped going on the battlefield and focused on his family. Wei Wuxian didn't like it. He knew that Lan Wangji was a great warrior but because of children, he had to stop fighting.

Wei Wuxian talked to Lan Wangji and established a spy organization. They named it WangXian. Lan Wangji was in charge of the organization. He used to work in shadow to help Wei Wuxian. He would collect information and took necessary action to get rid of any threat.

Wei Wuxian loved Lan Wangji very much. He didn't take any concubine like other empires. He had two sons, a ger son and a daughter with his husband.

When Yiling Laozu and Hanguang Jun ruled the world, they made a few rules for the future rulers.

Rule-1: Emperor had to be a male descendants of Wei family. If someone of lower level with good quality can be the emperor as long as he was a male descendants of Wei family. There wouldn't be any crown prince nor the first son of the emperor had to be the ruler. Emperor could select anyone to pass the throne. But the person had to had the qualities of a ruler. If the person wasn't qualifications, then the Empress Dowager could take decision after discussing the matter with the elders and generals.

Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji made this rule so that the emperor wouldn't get hard time even if he didn't have any son. Another reason for it to avoid power struggle and the grudge against siblings. If the emperor didn't announce any crown prince, then everyone could try to help the people so that they could be the future emperor.

Rules-2: The Empress had to be from Lan family. Even if a prince had every quality to be an emperor, he wouldn't be the emperor as long as he married a descendants of Lan family. He didn't have to marry in the main Lan family, as long as he marry a descendants of Lan family, he would be the Emperor.

Wei Wuxian loved Lan Wangji very much that's why he made this rule as he wanted Wei family always tied to Lan family.

Rule-3: Yiling Laozu would be the tittle of the highest rank of a general of Wei family.

Rule-4: Hanguang Jun would be the title of the head of WangXian organization and Hanguang Jun had to be a member of Lan family.

Rule-5: Hanguang Jun's identity would be kept hidden for safety purpose. He would work in shadow to bring light to the world. He wouldn't have any fame for his real identity but he would get fame with Hanguang Jun's identity. Only the Emperor, the Empress, the Empress Dowager and some trusted person of the emperor and Hanguang Jun would know his real identity.

Rule-6: Subordinates of Hanguang Jun would keep their identity hidden. They wouldn't disclose their identity or Hanguang Jun's identity.

These rules made things easy for the future emperor so that they could rule the world easily.

After the death of Emperor Wei Wuxian, Lan Wangji became the Empress Dowager. After a few years, he also died.