Chapter - 06

At the City Gate of the Capital

A group of young men were riding horse in a hurry. All young women and young gers were screaming in excitement as it wasn't everyday they could see so many handsome men together.

The group of young men who were ridding horse all were the princes of Wuji Empire and their subordinates.

"I didn't expect that you all would come to pick me." Wei Zhan said with a smile.

"The Great Young General Wei Zhan is coming back

"The Great Young General Wei Zhan is coming back. How can we not come to welcome him?" Wei Hongyi asked and Zhan chuckled.

"How do Third Prince know that we are coming back today? According to the calculation, we would be back tomorrow." Wei Lei said.

"Isn't it simple? Today is the compilation of the selection of new Hanguang Jun which happens after 25 to 30 years. Who would want to miss it?" Wei Xueyi said.

Today is the compilation of the selection of new Hanguang Jun. Wei Zhan specially chose this time to come back from the border to witness the competition with his brother Lei and his subordinates. They didn't even take rest on the way to come back on time.

"By the way, how is First Prince doing?" Zhan asked.

"He recently took a concubine." Hongyi said.

"What about other princes and princess?" Zhan asked.

"Everyone is doing well." Xueyi said.

"Expect Fourth Prince. He is busy with planing how to assign the throne." Wei Lingyi said while rolling his head.

"Lingyi, be careful with your words." Hongyi warned Lingyi.

"It's a open secret, Third Brother. Everyone knows about it." Wei Lin said.

"Well, it's better to not talk about it." Zhan said and the others agreed.

They continued their journey to the venue of the competition which was at the other end of the capital. Suddenly, they noticed a carriage which was going on full speed.

"Who is in a hurry?" Lei wondered as they passed by the carriage.

"Isn't that Lan family's carriage?" Lingyi said and Lin turned back to take a look at the carriage.

"It's Yibo's carriage. But what is he doing here? Shouldn't he be at the competition venue?" Lin thought.

"Which Lan family?" Zhan asked curiously.

"The carriage has a cloud sign but in red color which means it's belong to Prime Minister Lan Yuning and Princess Lan Shishi." Hongyi said.

"Gege, you guys, go ahead. I am following behind." Lin said and turned his horse to the direction of the carriage.

"Hey, where are you going?" Hongyi asked as all of them stopped their horses.

"I am going to cheek on the carriage." Lin shouted and hurriedly ride his horse.