Chapter - 03

Rose Pavilion, Imperial Palace

A young boy around 12 years old were seen sitting in the garden of Rose Pavilion. Empress Lan Lusi and Royal Consort Lan Reba were sitting in front of him.

"A-Zhan, why don't you stay in the Palace? You can study with A-Zhen." Lusi said to the young boy who was none other than her own son Wei Zhan.

"It's my honor to be able to study with First Prince Zhen. But I prefer to go to the border with my father." Zhan said politely.

Wei Feng was a general. Most of the time, he would stay at the border. This time, his wife, Wei Ning would also accompany him. Zhan also wanted to go to the border and joined his father's army to serve his motherland. He came to the palace to bid goodbye to Lusi and Reba who were like mothers to him.

"Why do you want to go to the border?" Reba asked.

"I want to join the army. I want to become a great warrior like father and serve the country." Zhan said and Reba smiled.

"But it's very danger in the border. You are too young to join the army." Lusi said worriedly.

"I know, Empress mother is worried for me. But don't worry, Father and Mother will protect me." Zhan said. He addressed Lusi as Empress Mother as Feng told him to call Lusi like that because Lusi breastfeed him because Ning had some problem and couldn't nurse him.

"Like father like son. Both are stubborn and never listen to me." Lusi thought. She was upset as well as angry at Zhan for not listening to her.

"Do whatever you want. Who am I to you that you will listen to me." Lusi said. She was worried for Zhan but her son wasn't ready to listen to him. She couldn't even blame him for that as it seemed to be their genetical problem.

"Empress Mother, I....." Zhan couldn't finish his words as Lusi raised her hand signaling Zhan to stop talking.

"I am tired. Let's return to my bedchamber." Lusi said to her servant who nodded her head.

"Wish you become a great warrior like you want." Lusi said to Zhan and left from there followed by her servants.

Zhan became upset when Lusi left like that. He didn't know why but he never liked it whenever Lusi was mad at him or ignored him. He wanted to get along with Lusi but always failed. It seemed like fate didn't want them to get along.

"I made Empress Mother sad again." Zhan said and lowered his head.

Reba left sad when she saw both mother and son were hurting. She knew that it was very hard for Lusi to not tell the truth to Zhan and made him stay with her. She also pitty Zhan who didn't understood why he was feeling sad from Lusi's ignorance. She couldn't help but sighed. Then she decided to comfort Zhan.

"A-Zhan, don't be sad. Empress is not mad at you. She is just worried for you." Reba said and pulled Zhan in her arms.

"A-Zhan, you are very special to the Empress. She cares more about you than she shows. She just doesn't know how to show you her love. So, don't be sad and focus on your future. Didn't you heard what your Empress Mother said? Your Empress Mother wish you to fulfill your wish. So, you should work hard so that your Empress Mother can be proud of you." Reba said while patting Zhan's arm.

"I will work hard. I won't disappoint Empress Mother." Zhan said with determination and Reba smiled.

"Mn, our ZhanZhan is so good. He will make all of us proud of him." Reba said and Zhan smiled while nodding his head.