Chapter - 09

Lord Wei's Manor

It was evening. Zhan just returned to the Lord Wei's Manor after the competition. He went directly to his private quarter to get fresh.

Zhan entered inside his chamber and frowned when he saw a beautiful girl was inside his private chamber.

"Who are you? What are you doing here?" Zhan asked.

"Greetings Young Master Wei, I am Wu Niao. I was told to take care of you." Wu Niao said after bowing to Zhan.

"No need. I can take care of myself." Zhan said.

"But Furan told me to take care of you." Niao said and looked down.

Zhan knew what was his mother trying to do. Wei Ning was trying to set him up even though Zhan had told her that he wasn't interested in settling down.

"Do what you need to do in my absence. Don't come in my private quarter when I am here." Zhan said coldly and Niao nodded her head.

Zhan didn't want to go to Ning and argued with her. So, he just gave Niao a clear order to stay away from him so that no one could spread rumors about them.

"I have prepared Young Master's bath." Niao said.

"Mn. Go back." Zhan said and Niao bowed before leaving Zhan alone.

Then Zhan closed the door and went to the bath area to take bath. He went into the water and closed his eyes to relax.

_____________________________________

Everyone in Wei family were having dinner together. All concubines and their children were also present.

"Zhan, why don't you settle down now? You are already 21." Wei Fang said.

"As, I already told you, Father. I want to focus on my career." Zhan said.

"You are already a general. You have your own army. Now, you should take in a beautiful wife." Wei Ning said.

"Mother, I am not ready yet." Zhan said.

"If you like someone, then tell your father. Your father will send proposal for your marriage." Wei Naza said.

"I don't have anyone I like, Concubine Naza." Zhan said.

"If you don't get married then how will Wei Sheng marry. The Li family is pressuring Lord Wei for the wedding." Wei Zing said.

"Don't wait for me. Just bring Sheng's wife." Zhan said.

"It's inappropriate, Zhan. You are Sheng's elder brother. How can Sheng marry before you? What will people think about us?" Ning asked.

"Since when people dare to gossip about our family?" Zhan asked while raising his eyebrow and Ning kept quiet.

"Just tell everyone that I want to stay in border and that's why I am not getting married." Zhan said.

"Fine, don't get married. But you can take a concubine in. I think Wu Niao is very sensible and will take good care of you. You can even take her to yhe the border with you." Ning said and Zhan sighed.

"Mother, I said I don't want to get married now. If you try to force me, then I will go back to the border." Zhan said without any expression on his face.

"How can you threat me?" Ning asked angrily.

"Let's not talk about it. Continue to eat your food." Fang ordered and everyone obeyed him.