3: Ascending for the third time?

You sighed as you woke up from your dream, sleeping next to you was your best friend. He was a god just like you, nontheless the Shark god!

His name was Kei. Many people connected him with you since sharks cause death (sometimes), while you are the god of death. Yet he was more popular than you, that way he was able to afford a lot of things.

Even if Jun Wu has gifted you your own palace, you thought of it as lonely. So you often had a sleep over with Kei, your best friend :).

You greeted him good morning before jumping out of bed cheerfully. You immediately went down to the kitchen to cook something for the both of you. Even if eating wasn't necessary as you couldn't die, you did feel hunger for some reason, but you didn't mind that at all.

You decided to make Jian Bing and quickly got to work, tying your long hair up. You were still in your sleeping robes. As you finished the meal, you called out to Kei to come down to eat, but were surprised to already see him sitting at the table and grinning at you.

Even if you were weirded off for a second, you grinned back and set the food on the table before taking a seat for yourself. Both you and Kei quickly inhaled the food.

Kei was finished before you and even ate some of your meal. "You know Y/N you are like a house wife!! You're such male wife material~" Kei sighed in delight.

You laughed loudly. "No way!! That's just because I was a servant when I was a mortal I am in no way malewife material." You chuckled.

Kei rolled his eyes. "Fine, fine whatever you say A-Y/N~" Suddenly there was a loud commotion outside. Someone was ascending!

You jumped up from your seat excitedly and ran out the door to see who it was. The ascention caused quite a ruckus. A bell fell and a palace got destroyed.

The person who ascended soon revealed themselves and everyone groaned. "You again?!" „Did you have to come back?" People exclaimed in annoyance.

You raised your brows in confusion and decided to push forward. A beautiful, soft voice chuckled. It was the voice of your master, his highness the Crown Prince Xie Lian.

You quickly jumped onto him enveloping him into your grasp. "GEGE!" You yelled excitedly.

Xie Lian seemed to be caught of guard before he recognized you. "Y-Y/N?" You nodded your head and jumped down again holding his arms. "Yeah it's me, I missed you so much Gege!" You smiled up at him sweetly.

Xie Lian took a while to take in your appearance, you looked like before just way more mature, you wore a sleeping robe and bunny slippers. He sweat dropped at that, which you noticed.

You then decided to look down to yourself and screamed, blushing in embarrassment as you ran back into Kei's house.

Xie Lian chuckled. He was glad you didn't change. He then heard people talking about you.

"How embarrassing!" People giggled at your embarrassing act just now. He glared at them, how dare they make fun of his Y/N. People quieted down, quite afraid of his menacing glare. Then they scoffed telling themselves that he was just some weakling, how dare he glare at them that way. They all walked away and Xie Lian softened his gaze.

Timeskip
You hummed, checking your nails as everyone was talking. You tuned them out as they were all way to loud. „Ehe, hello everyone Im back..." you heard a familiar voice and perked up, finally paying attention. It was Xie Lian.

Your eyes brightened up and you smiled to yourself. „Yes we noticed that with your destructive entrance." Mu Qing said rudely and you sent him a glare, which he avoided.

„I wasn't hurt.." Xie Lian replied awkwardly. „Unfortunately your surroundings didn't fare so well." „It wasn't his fault!" You defended Xie Lian, Mu Qing ignored you.

„I heard word of the bell, very sorry it hit you." Mu Qing scoffed and you were about to kick his ass, but stopped when you heard something shocking.

„Pardon, but what is your name?" Xie Lian asked politely. 'Does he not remember Mu Qing?' You furrowed your brows and pursed your lips. The other gods started complaining, making you glare daggers at them.

„Who tore down my palace?!" Oh and there comes Feng Xin. You smiled, thinking of ways to annoy him. „Answer me!" The other gods, including Mu Qing, started laughing at him. „Was it you?! Or was it maybe Y/N..." He grumbled his last speculation, narrowing his eyes at you as you grinned at him in a way you know annoys him.

„Stop laughing!" He told the laughing gods. „I only played a small part, ask the prince." Mu Qing explained. Feng Xin turned to Xie Lian.

„It was my fault, Im sorry." 'ahhh my baby!!! If only I was more powerful then it'd make sure he would never have to apologize for something again!' You huffed and smiled at your thoughts.

„I have business to attend to, Ill take my leave." Feng Xin bowed in goodbye. „Bye bye Feng Xin!!" You waved him goodbye. „Farewell." Feng Xin said his last words before turning around and disappearing.

The other gods started parting as well, leaving only Xie Lian and you. Oh and Ling Wen.

You jumped down to get to Xie Lian and ran to him, taking his hands in yours. Xie Lian took note of how warm your hands were, it was quite ironic due to you being the god of death. „I missed you so much Gege!! I waited sooooooooo long for you to return and finally your here!!" you rambled, jumping up and down.

Xie Lian smiled of how happy you were to see him. He was happy as well. Ling Wen coughed awkwardly as she felt she was interrupting something. „And hello Ling Wen! Long time no see.." You greeted her politely. Ling Wen greeted you back.

„Oh yeah by the way Gege, Im definitely gonna help you!!" „That is very much appreciated Qīn qīn..." You blushed at the nickname you haven't heard for a while and smiled. „Anything for you A'Lian!!" Xie Lian smiled back at you, red coating his cheeks as well. It was really awkward for Ling Wen...